PDA

View Full Version : OMG!

funtoplay
02-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi I have just been told my a mum who has a child in my daughters class (Year 3) that a catholic priest went in to visit on Monday and told the whole class that Father Christmas doesn't exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still in shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wondered why my daughter who still believes was asking me yesterday if i believe.

Apparently the teachers had to explain to the class after that infact Father Christmas does exist!

Going to question it tomorrow at school and finds out what has been said?

Julia

Alibali
02-12-2009, 10:03 PM
No!!!:eek: :eek: I'd not be happy:mad:

miffy
02-12-2009, 10:08 PM
That's dreadful!!

Miffy xx

LOOPYLISA
02-12-2009, 10:10 PM
:eek: :angry:

TheBTeam
02-12-2009, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't be impressed even if it was to the year 6's, although i do wonder if i should tell my son before he gets to senior school, he is 11 tomorrow so this could be his last year.

I made him the personalised video message from Santa using the link on here, and he watched it and never said much, so it looked like he believed or at least had enough doubt not to risk it! As it said he may get a laptop, don't think he was brave enough to take a chance. DD who is 7 1/2 was in awe of the message, so perhaps you should do one just to convince her it is true! My DD was almost in tears with the shock of it!

LOOPYLISA
02-12-2009, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't be impressed even if it was to the year 6's, although i do wonder if i should tell my son before he gets to senior school, he is 11 tomorrow so this could be his last year.

I made him the personalised video message from Santa using the link on here, and he watched it and never said much, so it looked like he believed or at least had enough doubt not to risk it! As it said he may get a laptop, don't think he was brave enough to take a chance. DD who is 7 1/2 was in awe of the message, so perhaps you should do one just to convince her it is true! My DD was almost in tears with the shock of it!

My dd (nearly 12 ) turned round to me a week ago and said "mummy its you who puts my stocking on my bed ?" :panic:

My babys growing up :(

TheBTeam
02-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Yes my son told my daughter last week that the tooth fairy was us, she didn't push it though just in case the money didn't arrive, and she still wrote her really long questions sheet for the tooth fairy, which is why i don't want him to realise about fc this year as she is still too young to have it shattered yet.

ORKSIE
02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
:eek: I cannot believe this,,,,I would have been Livid:eek:
Hope the school have a good explanation!

Twinkles
02-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi I have just been told my a mum who has a child in my daughters class (Year 3) that a catholic priest went in to visit on Monday and told the whole class that Father Christmas doesn't exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The silly sausage !

Course Father Christmas is real ........isn't he ???:p

Annie_T
02-12-2009, 10:50 PM
oh dear ... x

gigglinggoblin
03-12-2009, 09:32 AM
That awful :(

When my older kids ask (they are 9 & 10) I tell them that if they dont believe he wont deliver the presents. They are at the stage where they dont want to push it just in case, might squeeze another year out of them. I dont get why some people are so miserable.

It's a small world
03-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Of course Father Christmas is real..I would be destroyed if anyone told my children different.....Guess someone isn't going to get any presents this year for not believing :laughing:

No seriously who gives him the right to tell other peoples children that he isnt real.....

Santa is real who else delivers all our childrens presents:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nannymcflea
03-12-2009, 10:10 PM
My daughter is in year 6 and doesn't believe, she was dubious last year too. Youngest in year 2 still believes so eldest has to "believe" when we talk about things, like writing letters.

BUT my kids know that mum and dad buy the expensive ones and the fat red man leaves a little one by the fire, so they know that when X down the road gets more than them it's not coming from the fat red man but from X's parents....does that make sense? Some people think we are mean as when they ask "what did santa buy you" and they say one toy.....they think thats all WE bought!:laughing:

As for the church interviening in a belief that does no harm to religion....:(

LittleAcorns
04-12-2009, 06:14 AM
My daughter is in year 3! i would go loopy if someone told her:(

funtoplay
04-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Hi all,

I emailed the school, and got a letter of apology explaining what had happened. The visitor apparently has been spoken to and is sorry he caused so much upset....upset...what did he expect!!!!!!!

A friend said we should go to the papers, but generally i love her school and wouldn't want to hurt its reputation, which it has built up from special measures a few years back.

Julia