PDA

View Full Version : First enquiry & need advise please

mojo0403
02-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi Ladies (& gentleman;) )

I have just had my first enquiry via netmums & I'm a bit unsure on how to reply to her questions.

She has a little boy who will be 3 in feb & will hopefully start pre school in April. Not sure of hours of pre school but she wants me to drop off and pick up from there. the hours will be from 7.45am - 6pm mon - fri so its full time. was thinking of charging her half fees whilst lo is at pre school.

As its for April would you charge her a retainer? & how much cause of keeping space for her & would I charge a deposit.

Also I am going away for 2 weeks on 20th April to Australia as my mum has just emigrated there & will be getting married, hope this doesnt cause any problems I know im entitled to 4 weeks holiday (i think) but just worried i'll put parents off.

Quite excited with my first enquiry but dont want to get my hopes up.

thanks for reading look forward to hearing your wonderful advise.:thumbsup:

Jo xx

Annie_T
02-12-2009, 11:07 PM
She has a little boy who will be 3 in feb & will hopefully start pre school in April. Not sure of hours of pre school but she wants me to drop off and pick up from there. the hours will be from 7.45am - 6pm mon - fri so its full time. was thinking of charging her half fees whilst lo is at pre school.
I dont charge if at school etc, but i think some do as it is a space thats open but its not (if you know what i mean) half fee seems fair to me

As its for April would you charge her a retainer? & how much cause of keeping space for her & would I charge a deposit. Yes ask for least a months (which becomes first months fees & non refundable if they dont take space up with you)

Also I am going away for 2 weeks on 20th April to Australia as my mum has just emigrated there & will be getting married, hope this doesnt cause any problems I know im entitled to 4 weeks holiday (i think) but just worried i'll put parents off. tell her straight away and if possible find an cm near you who can mind him while you away or she just have wait for your return if not.

Quite excited with my first enquiry but dont want to get my hopes up.

thanks for reading look forward to hearing your wonderful advise

hope that helps but if not im sure someone will come along soon hun x

mama2three
03-12-2009, 07:38 AM
if the child takes up a full time space then charge whilst at preschool. you will probably be the one 'on call' , youll be available inset days etc . you wouldnt be able to fill those few hours with another child either. I dont know any minders near me who dont charge whilst mindee is at preschool / nursery , unless they are not dropping and picking up.