PDA

View Full Version : school holidays only

deb24
02-12-2009, 09:27 AM
If you only have a child in the school holidays do you charge when they have their hols or only for the days you have them. What about bank hols? I have done a contract before just for school hols and explained at the time that I would still charge for their hols & bank hols once they had started they got funny about paying for when they were on hols & bank hols so they ended the contract.
I don't know what to do this time around.

amirose
02-12-2009, 09:38 AM
I have term time only contracts so my school holiday contracts fit round nicely. I charge 13 weeks a year and don't charge for inset days unless I am needed or bank holidays unless it fell actualy in the school holidays.
Has worked well for me :thumbsup:

buildingblocks
02-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Parents pay me for their time off and nothing for mine. I take my holidays in term time as I have no children myself and can earn more money by working school holidays. I have just signed a school holiday only contract and basically if I am open parent will be paying me even if child does not come. Her first day should be Monday 21st December but she is not in but she will still be paying me.

I do not charge for BH's as I prefer not to work them. If I do work them for any reason it is double time for BH's.

hope that makes sense and helps