PDA

View Full Version : When are you putting ur tree up?

louise
01-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Hi. We had agreed to put the tree up today. We got it all out of the attic last night plan is for me to fluff up the tree ready to decorate when hubbie gets home as he has to go out an 1hr and half after he gets in tonight. We were going to do it on sat but as hubbie got me tickets to see strictly come dancing we can't do that now. Ds then asked if we could do it on the 1st and we said yes as i dont wk today.
Not sure if its cos im fluffing it up on my own but it doesnt feel right. So other then Hebs whoi has theres up?

LOOPYLISA
01-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Ours is going up this weekend :clapping:

As it is december now :thumbsup: :p

Trouble
01-12-2009, 01:23 PM
i have 5 boxes of decorations so it takes us hours :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

fionamal
01-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I put mines up on Friday but it doesnt get lit until tonight

louise
01-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Glad others are. Its all fluffed up now. Ill put the ornament type bits out when ds comes home. I have 6 boxes of bits to put out. Just got my ds dough decs he has made over the years. The gingerbread men he made 2 yrs ago still smell yummy. Normally i can't wait. We got married 3 yrs tom and when we came back from honeymoon i made him go in the attic so we could put it up. The house was a mess. christmas bits, suitcases and wedding presents everywhere!

Ripeberry
01-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Well, I'm going to get a real tree this year and I'll put it up the first weekend after the kids break up from school, as I won't have any mindees over the holidays and then I can take it down by the 4th January!
But I will be putting up the outside lights (6 sets) this weekend and have a couple of decorations in the house.
Got a little village scene, with little children sledging down the hill (all moving parts and pretty little lights) :D

ORKSIE
01-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Maybe at the weekend....and if I can try to Eeeek it out a little longer, then the following weekend:D

Its not that I dont like Christmas, I do, Its just that the decs get on me nerves after a while:panic:

LOOPYLISA
01-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Well, I'm going to get a real tree this year and I'll put it up the first weekend after the kids break up from school, as I won't have any mindees over the holidays and then I can take it down by the 4th January!
But I will be putting up the outside lights (6 sets) this weekend and have a couple of decorations in the house.
Got a little village scene, with little children sledging down the hill (all moving parts and pretty little lights) :D

We are getting a real one

Love the smell :clapping:

ORKSIE
01-12-2009, 02:46 PM
We are getting a real one

Love the smell :clapping:

Hate the needles:panic: :D

solly
01-12-2009, 02:53 PM
DH put ours up this morning, he does it every year and doesn't like anyone to help

Annie_T
01-12-2009, 04:55 PM
my tree went up last night ... it only a 1 foot tree lol :laughing:

cant put normal one up due to my 2 distructive cats and no where to place it now living room way we want it lol

LOOPYLISA
01-12-2009, 05:06 PM

Tbh never really had a prob, we do water quite alot :thumbsup:

Joannechildmind
01-12-2009, 05:10 PM

i remember when i was about 8 my mum and dad bought a dead real tree within a week everytime we touched the tree a load of needles fell to the floor. has become a long standing joke lol

LOOPYLISA
01-12-2009, 05:17 PM
i remember when i was about 8 my mum and dad bought a dead real tree within a week everytime we touched the tree a load of needles fell to the floor. has become a long standing joke lol

Bless :D :D

Hebs
01-12-2009, 05:52 PM
So other then Hebs who has theres up?

:blush: :blush: :blush:

although i have a VERY good reason to have mine up :thumbsup:

louise
01-12-2009, 08:12 PM
I saw loads up when me and ds were walking home from school so felt better. Luckily i tested the bulbs and found 20 dead ones so ended up grabbing some more. Its all up now, angel looks drunk though. Managed to smash the baulble i redone for hubbie!So far all the pets have ignored it. Not sure how good the little ones will be with it though.

ORKSIE
01-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Tbh never really had a prob, we do water quite alot :thumbsup:

So do you get one with roots:huh:

LOOPYLISA
01-12-2009, 08:38 PM
So do you get one with roots:huh:

No, even without roots it still sucks the water up :thumbsup:

Good old dyson comes in handy too :clapping: