PDA

View Full Version : Due Next Tuesday...

Princess Sara
30-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Ofsted lady will be with me about 10am next Tuesday! Ahh!!!

I think I'm ok with most things, I've asked my f/t mindee's mum to come round for a chat and look at his learning journal so I can get some feedback from her, showing communication with parents etc. We use to do a daily diary but she told me to stop bothering as we spend 10 minutes chatting about his day every time she picks him up, so I can't show that as she's lost it! I'm going to make a little questionnaire for her to fill out about lo's time with me and her opinions of his learning journal, what else should I try and get her to fill out so Ofsted can see written communication between us?

The Ofsted lady said she was particularly keen on the safeguarding aspect and that is what she really looks out for. Apart from keeping up-to-date with my local safeguarding teams information, I have their booklet in my portfolio, my last training course was less than 6 months ago, what else might she be looking for? Locked doors, keys not hanging in the doors, up-to-date risk assessments of each type of outing, I can't think of anything else. Oh and I'm half way through my SEF.

I'm off to look in the Ofsted Inspection Tip section!

I really hope I get 'Good' is that a bit much to ask for on my first grading inspection? How many people have got Good or Outstanding on their first? (Since all the new stuff came in.)

Bex1
30-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi

You will be fine, dont panic and relax.

I had my first grading inspection today and I was worried sick but it was a lovely inspection, the inspector was really friendly, really nice and put my at ease.

I just made sure I had everything available to show her, every folder I had was piled high for her to browse and to be honest I dont know if she went through it all but it was there if she wanted too! I do know that she looked through my parents feedback questionnaire as commented on how lovely the comments were :) and also said my policies and procedures were very comprehensive! I also know she looked closely at planning, the childrens development folder with obs etc and their scrapbooks.

Make sure you complete the SEF or if you dont want to do that, make sure you have some kind of evaluation of your setting. The Inspector said that she was really pleased I had completed mine and referred to it all the way through inspection. She said it gave her an insight into my setting before today's inspection.

You will be fine and good luck :thumbsup: