PDA

View Full Version : christmas food shop

Hebs
29-11-2009, 07:14 PM
has anyone else started??

i have turkey ordered, got dad's christmas pudding and brandy sauce and the mint vienetta, also got pigs in coats,

just the veg to get on christmas eve :clapping:

LittleMissSparkles
29-11-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm going to pre order a turkey crown like we do every year tommorow to make sure we get one, everything else can wait till christmas week apart from alcohol and chocolates of course :blush: xxx

FizzysFriends
29-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Mine is the same as last year, I drive my mom to the supermarket, she does the shopping and pays for it and I drive her home ready for my dad to unpack and put the shopping away :clapping:

Lou
29-11-2009, 07:43 PM
I have ordered a Turkey crown from marks and spencers. I have also been buying things when they are on offer, tins of choc, champaigne etc.

Everything else can wait until i brave the supermarkets on xmas week!!!!

littlesprogs
29-11-2009, 08:49 PM
I did all mine today i'll just have to get the veg and fresh things nearer the time.

Everyone get your turkeys early my dad said that the supermakets have under ordered this year so they'll be a shortage.

Hebs
29-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I did all mine today i'll just have to get the veg and fresh things nearer the time.

Everyone get your turkeys early my dad said that the supermakets have under ordered this year so they'll be a shortage.

we order ours from the butchers :thumbsup:

Dragonfly
29-11-2009, 09:19 PM
will order mine from the butchers tomorrow,you have reminded me!!!! what size turkey crown does everyone get????

TheBTeam
29-11-2009, 09:23 PM
No, don't even know where we are going to be yet!!

chels55
29-11-2009, 09:23 PM
not ordered the turkey but have bought loads of tins of chocolate and have eaten them so i will be going shopping on 23rd

Hebs
29-11-2009, 09:24 PM
will order mine from the butchers tomorrow,you have reminded me!!!! what size turkey crown does everyone get????

we get one to feed 15/18 people, there is only 5 of us but dad makes turkey curry to stock up the freezer :laughing:

Bazza
30-11-2009, 12:46 PM
I did a load of mine yesterday. Bought all the non perishables and drinks etc and had the boot full! Mostly junk food, but hey, thats why i bought a Wii fit. For the other half thats is...:laughing:

LOOPYLISA
30-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Got quite a few bits, tins of sweets etc,( minus 1)................ that we opened :blush: :D

Will go out and do a big shop xmas week, including alcohol :clapping:

PixiePetal
30-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Our turkey will still be running around oblivious to its upcoming fate :blush:

DH takes time off from our farm and goes plucking at a game farm every year, he starts on Saturday. We usually have a 'casualty' bird (one with a nick in skin or small bruise that can't go to the butchers) - half the price. They supply our local butcher, who then sells them at a much higher price. Sometimes have a wing missing :laughing: Once it's cooked, no one knows :thumbsup:

Usually huge too, loads left for curry and sandwiches.

Not done much else. Daren't buy chocs yet cos they will be all gone by christmas. Did buy crackers at the weekend though :thumbsup:

caz3007
30-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Got most of our stuff and its hidden under the stairs, out of sight, out of mind. I have been pretty good.

Our meat is all ordered ready to be collected on the 23rd and the fresh stuff needs to be got, but may send DH out for that

Blackhorse
30-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Been buying ingredients to make xmas cookies and chutney...

turkey will be ordered from butcher as every year..but havent done it yet
my veg gets delivered by a farmer once a week and the xmas week bag is always stuff for roast turkey dinner so dont need to worry about that one..

apart from that I bought tons of little chocolates to fill the advent calendar...so each LO gets a piece...:D

louise
30-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Hubbie is allergic to turkey, chicken and duck so we have gammon here. I did try out a slow cooker recipe a few weeks back but i think it has to much taste very sweet and over powers the roast pots ect so not sure what to do with it. Will be getting the bits we can this weekend

nannymcflea
30-11-2009, 10:07 PM
I cannot believe how organised everyone is.:eek:

Am Christmas shopping tomorrow, off to Carlisle to try and get everyones pressies...heres hoping.:laughing:

As for food,no idea when that will be, got to get used to living in the middle of nowhere, can't seem to get organised. Oh well theres food in the freezer i'm sure we won't starve.:eek:

Got to organise hubbys birthday for the 27th...any ideas?????

Chatterbox Childcare
30-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Got a few bits and pieces but I am off now on the 23rd so will be hitting the cash and carry for my meat and then veggies. Spend 24th preparng my goodies as I don't like buying them. Cranberry sauce next weekend and then full on it cooking - once the tree is up of course.

Trouble
30-11-2009, 11:30 PM
i have bought 2 christmas pressys:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

mummyroysof3
01-12-2009, 11:46 AM
have bought and wrapped my threes pressies and one for my neice, just got 2 more then chocs and wine to go with the photos i had done, tree going up on the 8th and will book for my food shop to be delivered on the 23rd

charlotte x

mama2three
01-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Every year i vow to be more organised. And every year im rushing around at the last minute. not even bought the xmas cards yet , never mind the food!!! May attempt some present shopping this weekend , DH away so doing the tree and catching up on paperwork too!

mandy moo
02-12-2009, 01:21 PM
done my food shop, just got fruit and veg to get nearer the day.

only 3 more prezzies to get and thats it <feeling pleased with herself:D >

grindal
02-12-2009, 01:38 PM
DS1 and 2 and mindee made the cards yesterday. Presents all bought. Delivery slot booked with Ocado for 23rd December. I do not go to the shops in December!!

mandy moo
02-12-2009, 05:52 PM

Have to get a big big one (turkey) as hubbie likes to eat it for days after:laughing: :laughing:

buildingblocks
03-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Haven't decided what we are having yet. Didn't have the full Christmas dinner last year as we lost my Dad and Uncle earlier in the year and we didn't really feel like Christmas with the two of them not there. This year I decided I am not spending hours cooking what is basically a #Sunday lunch when I don't even like Turkey.. Last year it was stew and dumplings as I am always dieting so rarely get dumplings so no idea what we are having this year as yet.

We are not having pudding either as i don't like it so we are having White chocolate bread and butter pudding with thick baileys double cream (having Christmas day off WW)

jelly15
03-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Turkey ordered from butcher last week.

Veg and Holly wreath beeing delivered by local farmer.

Have got a few things like chocs, crackers and port.

Everything else will get with DH Christmas week.

Bushpig
03-12-2009, 07:47 PM
All pressies were bought and wrapped a couple of weeks ago already :thumbsup: ... crackers, table cloth et al for Christmas time are bought, Christmas tree goes up on Saturday :clapping: ...I need to order the Christmas groceries from Ocado still... we don't do Turkey, it's gammon, chicken and lamb for us this year... I'm cooking for 8! :eek:

louise
03-12-2009, 09:51 PM
We are not having pudding either as i don't like it so we are having White chocolate bread and butter pudding with thick baileys double cream (having Christmas day off WW)

Oh that sounds yum would you mind sharing the recipe? We still dont know what pud we are having yet.I know what you mean about it being sunday dinner we have started cutting down what we have. Has to be Gammon as hubbie is allegic to turkey. Not going to do a cold meat buffet on boxing day for the mums weve told them im doing stew.