PDA

View Full Version : Tesco

Dragonfly
29-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Just wondered if there is anybody that doesnt shop at Tesco???? I for one do not!!!

katickles
29-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I use Tesco's all the time, but not for my main shopping.

I get loads of things there, from food to housey things, toys, crafts etc.

LittleMissSparkles
29-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I flit between Morrrisons, Tesco and Asda's depends what Im shopping for lol x

LOOPYLISA
29-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Im a tesco, sainsburys, kinda girl, again depends what im looking for, not keen on asda :thumbsup:

sarah707
29-11-2009, 07:10 PM
I use Tesco, it's handy and cheap.

What are your reasons for not liking it dragonfly? :D

cher25
29-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I use tesco's because it is the closest to me. But i also shop at sainsbury's now and again, but i much prefer asda. Find they are cheaper than tesco for most thing's i want.

louise
29-11-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't we never have. We use to do sainsburys and asda but hubbie had to take a weekend job at sainsburys and for the last few months we have had a discount card. That has been so nice just a pain that he finishes next week so will have to get it back. We have got loads of points though by shopping there more which will pay for xmas.

Twinkle
29-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I don't like our local Asda, always looks dirty for some reason.

I shop at Tesco's because my daughter works there and the 10% discount is great! :D

nannymcflea
29-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I don't. Never have apart from on occasions...though more for odds and sods. I shop at Aldi.:thumbsup:

Dragonfly
29-11-2009, 09:16 PM
I just think Tesco is takin over .I try and support smaller shops, I use Aldi, waitrose also, small town shops.the market.I think we are all guilty of buying too much, me included.Its nice to buy less and eat better quality food with less rubbish in them.

Tink
29-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Tesco's is great for really good toy bargains really cheep.
I do my main food shopping at Morrisons but I don't think there is much difference I use Asda as well.

madasahatter
29-11-2009, 10:20 PM
We don't have a Tesco in our town (must be one of the few). I shop in Aldi and Morrisons. We also have a sainsburys and an asda, but when I've compared prices for what we buy (lots of fresh stuff, few brands etc) they are both more expensive than my current food bill.
If we go to Bradford we sometimes go to tesco to check out their non-food stuff.
I've tried online shopping but have been disappointed either with substitutions or how much is missing if I've ticked no substitutions. I don't think I saved much either, it just seemed to take forever to 'find' all the things online to make up my shopping list.

Pipsqueak
29-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Asda is my main shop
Aldi, Netto or Lidl

Tesco is a fair distance away so its not viable
Morrisons - I hate the staff and attitudes, I hate the service and their prices are stupid. I honestly believe that Morrisons train their staff to be as unhelpful and rude as possible.
Sainsbury - too expensive

Daddy Day Care
29-11-2009, 10:48 PM
I use morrisons as my main monthly shop, but use sainsbruies just about everyday

Merry-Minder
29-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I LOVE Tescos - sad I know, but I have just discovered a huge one and spent hours in there with my friend in the clothes and toys section, and then took hubby there the other day - he wasnt as impressed!
We do all our food shopping at Morrisons, cant do that anywhere else cause I cant bare not knowing where everything is.

Heaven Scent
29-11-2009, 11:10 PM
We shop everywhere - we hunt out the bargains - its brill - I just do 2 main shops per month and have got it right down to just about £110 per shop which lasts us about 2 weeks plus little trips to shop for things like milk bread etc. - We get everything in bargain form!!!! or buy it from ALDI/LIDL. I have to say we don't eat c***. We just bulk cook and freeze and that saves a packet - very little waste. We do buy loads of fresh fruit and veg too, but can get some good buys if you are in the right place at the right time and look out for special offers.

kindredspirits
30-11-2009, 08:11 AM
it all depends on where you live. here there are very few 'local' independant shops - so i shop at tesco -its by far the best and cleanest place to shop here. however, when we move to devon we will go back to using the butchers/bakers/farmers markets.

they are taking over -but they are also very good with what they offer - which is attractive to most. :thumbsup:

wendywu
30-11-2009, 08:14 AM
Mine gets delivered to my door by tesco. I do it online, i hate going food shopping.