PDA

View Full Version : What would you have done?

Alibali
28-11-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm expecting a mixed response here, and before I start may I say I am a very tolerant person with lots of patience especially around young children (goes with the job!)

Anyway I took dd 16 to cinema today to see A Christmas Carol in 3d, it was full and lots of children and a lot of noise but that didn't bother me, what did was the 18 month - 2 yr old child directly behind me who cried, shouted and screamed for the whole time he was there. About 15 mins from the end the crying was incessant and the film was quiet with whispering etc and I was struggling to hear.

I turned around and politely said to mum 'excuse me but I'm struggling to hear the film'

Mum got up and left without a fuss, but why did I have to say? If it had been me I would have taken the child out without having to be asked.

Anyway dd was mortified, even though she was sitting next to me complaining about the noise.

So, what would you have done?

Lou
28-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Good on you!!!!!:clapping:

I would have done the same, infact i would have probably said something sooner.

I had a row with someone in the cinema a few months ago who was letting her child (about 5/6 i would say) run up and down the aisles!!!!:eek:

Sorry NO!!!! If you are going to take children to the cinema, they have to learn to sit nicely!!!! and if they cant do that then they are not old enough.

Alibali
28-11-2009, 07:27 PM

I had a row with someone in the cinema a few months ago who was letting her child (about 5/6 i would say) run up and down the aisles!!!!:eek:

Sorry NO!!!! If you are going to take children to the cinema, they have to learn to sit nicely!!!! and if they cant do that then they are not old enough.

Glad you agree, I was starting to doubt myself!

cher25
28-11-2009, 07:28 PM
I would have been too shy to say anything. Good on you for speaking up.
Children that young shouldnt be at the cinema anyway, certainly not if they arent used to sitting quietly for a while.

daisyboo1980
28-11-2009, 07:33 PM
im lucky my best friend manages the local cinema so i would just have said to her and have done in the past i think u did the right thing i dont agree on taking wee ones to the movies 3 yr up are ok

Hebs
28-11-2009, 07:33 PM
My son has ADHD, and i have a card that allows me to get in free when i take him, as they understand that if he wont/cant sit still we HAVE to leave.

it's not fair on those who have paid to see the movie.

I have also shouted at kids in the cinema for talking/laughing about stuff (not to do with the movie) i tell them...

excuse me but WE HAVE ALL PAID to watch this movie not listen to you making a racket, shut it or i'll get you all removed :thumbsup: last time i had a mini applause cos people were fed up

i also hate it when they kick your seat :angry:

i'm not shy at all,

LOOPYLISA
28-11-2009, 07:54 PM

Couldnt agree more :thumbsup:

Blackhorse
28-11-2009, 08:00 PM
I woulnt take a child as young as this to the cinema...in fact if I would I would go to the mothers and babies morning sessions in the cinema's..not sure what they are called.

If the child disrupts everyone else it should be taken out and calmed down. then they can come back in. If child still continues I would just take it home...as what is the point?? even mum wouldnt have been able to enjoy the film never mind everyone else..!!

good on you for saying something!

sophiestars
28-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I agree, you completely did the right thing. It's not fair on you or anyone else, and, as you say, the Mum should have taken the child out in the first place!! It is just plain impolite!!

I have taken ds 2 to the cinema as young as about that age - 18-24mths but he is good at sitting and being quiet (as long as I take a bit of food etc with me!!) but I would never have taken ds 1 at that age as he wouldn't have sat still or been quiet.

I also agree with the seat kicking - VERY annoying!!

I , too am not very brave at telling people what I think but in this case I probably would have done. It's a shame that these days you can't say something politely without being afraid that the other person is going to kick off!!

Daisy1956
28-11-2009, 09:05 PM
What I cant understand is why someone would take a child that age to the cinema there is noway they are going to sit through a film without being fed-up and noisy.It costs quite a bit to go to the cinema and it should not be spoiled by other people.So well done for speaking up:thumbsup:

Ripeberry
28-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I can't stand people kicking my seat. It makes me feel tense, waiting for the next kick. I usually try and sit just in front of the 'expensive leather seats' as no-one usually books them :thumbsup:

aly
29-11-2009, 12:44 AM
this is the reason why I have never taken any of mine before I felt they would handle it.

My 2nd son is now 4 but didnt take him til he was about 3 as before that I know he wouldnt behave well.

There have been times with Poppy who is 2 and hlaf and i am tempted to take her as she seems a lot better than the boys were at her age, but still scared for that reason lol.

Good for you btu liek you say why should you have, I would have been too embarrassed/stressed not to do anything.!
:thumbsup:

aly
29-11-2009, 12:45 AM
I can't stand people kicking my seat. It makes me feel tense, waiting for the next kick. I usually try and sit just in front of the 'expensive leather seats' as no-one usually books them :thumbsup:

that is my bugbear too!!!:panic:

mamasheshe
29-11-2009, 09:40 AM
i take my 4 year old and two year old to kids screenings of films i think they are for under eights? and they are usually well behaved youngest does get a bit bored towards the end but as it's for under eights nobody seems to mind if their is a little loud question asking. fidgeting . i have left two year old at home and taken 4 year old if not kids club as that would not be fair on other cinema goers but think would of said the same as you would never sit in cinema with screaming babies really not enjoyable for any one.

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
29-11-2009, 09:58 AM
I took my 2 & 3 year old daughters to watch UP a few weeks ago, my 2 year old sat there and watch the whole film and didnt make a sound. My 3 year old started to cry as she said it was scary so i took her out and waited for my husband and daughter.

I was so embaressed when she started to cry that with in 10 seconds we were on our way out the door!!

mumof1
29-11-2009, 09:59 AM
I would have done the same as you, i couldnt imagine letting my dd make alot of noise in the cinema, it just wouldnt happen!

Rubybubbles
29-11-2009, 10:08 AM
well done I would do the same

Last film I went to see I turned around to tell a man to stop kicking or I will complain:laughing: It's not cheap to go ya know

Hebs
29-11-2009, 01:47 PM
It's not cheap to go ya know

very expensive :panic: even without drinks and treats :p

LOOPYLISA
29-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I think the cinema is very expensive :rolleyes: :panic:

Hebs
29-11-2009, 04:15 PM
I think the cinema is very expensive :rolleyes: :panic:

yeah, luckily i have a CEA card for mark so we get one free ticket :clapping:

TheBTeam
29-11-2009, 04:31 PM
I would have wanted to say something, not sure if I am brave enough, would have done some loud tutting and staring though:blush:

LittleMissSparkles
29-11-2009, 06:55 PM
I would have definately said something and alot sooner than you did lol , mum should have taken them out within minutes really not towards the end. The first time we took A she was about 3 she said it was too dark and too loud she didnt play up or whinge but hubby took her out anyway and left me and ds to watch the film xxx