PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please shed some light on this statement

TheBTeam
27-11-2009, 09:22 PM
and if they know where it says level 2 is needed please,

'The provider confirms that the requirements of the voluntary part of the Childcare Register are:
Not Met (with actions)

The registered provider does not meet the requirements of the compulsory and or voluntary part/s of the Childcare Register.

To comply with the requirements of the voluntary part of the Childcare Register, the registered person must take the following action/s by the specified date:

· complete a qualification at a minimum of level 2 in an area of work relevant to childcare, or training in the core skills as set out in the document ‘common core of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce’.
01/03/2011

Any help or pointers would be gratefully received!

Zoomie
27-11-2009, 09:34 PM
I am not sure what you are asking, but I know in our area, we are all having to do 'common core' if we did our DHC1 before Easter this year.

Its just a 2h course.

Its something compulsory ...

TheBTeam
27-11-2009, 09:37 PM
That helps, I will try and find out about a 'common core' course!
thank you

huggableshelly
27-11-2009, 09:46 PM
http://www.hertsdirect.org/infobase/docs/pdfstore/trainingprog200708.pdf
its 1 year out of date though and cant find a more recent one.

Maybe its time to test out the new CDO

TheBTeam
27-11-2009, 09:49 PM
http://www.hertsdirect.org/infobase/docs/pdfstore/trainingprog200708.pdf
its 1 year out of date though and cant find a more recent one.

Maybe its time to test out the new CDO

I met her on Tuesday, and she was familiar, was cdo in broxbourne and has been lurking on some courses I have done, I have emailed her about 5 mins ago, so hopefully will hear back, (could be more promising than the last one heh), will check our your link too, thank you

huggableshelly
27-11-2009, 09:59 PM
here are some core care courses too ... I've just been trying to book on for first aid but no luck

http://www.hertsdirect.org/actweb/WDC/sseo/template_001.cfm?pageID=21&template=courseListing

guess I'll go elsewhere for first aid again.

huggableshelly
27-11-2009, 10:00 PM
she called me last wk as an intro call offering a pre inspection visit LOL

told her thanx but already been seen, she seems nice though.

TheBTeam
27-11-2009, 10:08 PM
You were priviledged, bit late for your inspection though!

No one else that I have spoken to knew about the need for a level 2, that is what I am finding odd!

sarah707
27-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Common core fact sheet...

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-Common-core-skills-and-knowledge

Statement CR4.2 of the childcare register -

Childminders must have successfully completed a:
 qualification at a minimum of level 2 in an area of work relevant to childcare, or

 training in the core skills as set out in the document ‘common core of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce’.

BUT this is only relevant for -

Voluntary part of the Childcare Register only

AND the voluntary part of the childcare register relates to -

For children aged 8 ¬plus, you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Voluntary Childcare Register

So... do you mind children over 8? If so you need a level 2 qualification... if not, you should be ok :D

sorry been watching New Moon or I would have been able to put your mind at rest earlier xx

huggableshelly
27-11-2009, 10:11 PM
I know all cm's are to be level 3 or working towards a level 3 by 2010, I thought maybe level 2 could be skipped so all can do level 3, its not summin i looked into closely as already had eqivilant plus did the OU courses (well 2 of them anyway)

huggableshelly
27-11-2009, 10:13 PM
oh there you go .. a solution ... quit minding older kiddies lol

TheBTeam
27-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Common core fact sheet...

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-Common-core-skills-and-knowledge

Statement CR4.2 of the childcare register -

Childminders must have successfully completed a:
 qualification at a minimum of level 2 in an area of work relevant to childcare, or

 training in the core skills as set out in the document ‘common core of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce’.

BUT this is only relevant for -

Voluntary part of the Childcare Register only

AND the voluntary part of the childcare register relates to -

For children aged 8 ¬plus, you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Voluntary Childcare Register

So... do you mind children over 8? If so you need a level 2 qualification... if not, you should be ok :D

sorry been watching New Moon or I would have been able to put your mind at rest earlier xx

AH, you have just reminded me that this is what I think i found out at the time, but we were going through a difficult period as Mil died between the inspection and the report arriving with the surprise in it, so we put it up and I have just dusted it down, it relates to dh, I have a level 3 anyway.

Think if it can be fixed by the 2hr course mentioned above then fine, then if not and if it only applies to over 8s then he can stop minding them and I will just do them! Seems odd to need more for over 8's than under!

Chatterbox Childcare
28-11-2009, 11:03 AM
I was told that our original 8 hours we did many moons ago was our common core course and I thought that the ICP was now the up to date one

Straws
29-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Here in Stoke we have all done a online course, the childrens workforce induction programme, this will cover us for the common core skills.

Straws xx