PDA

View Full Version : Rooms that are not registered?

jemima
25-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Do inspectors look in them? Can I refuse if the room isn't registered with ofsted???

Minstrel
25-11-2009, 05:30 PM
I think Twinkles said the other day that her inspector looked in bedrroms that weren't even registered. I think they can ask to look anywhere (maybe to check you don't have a cannabis factory?:rolleyes: ).

FussyElmo
25-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Apparantley they can but thank goodness she didnt look in my bedroom it was where I chucked everything I couldnt find place for - couldnt move in there :laughing:

jemima
25-11-2009, 05:34 PM
OMG my bedrooms are a tip - could they comment on this on report if your mindees never set foot in them? :eek:

Minstrel
25-11-2009, 05:38 PM
OMG my bedrooms are a tip - could they comment on this on report if your mindees never set foot in them? :eek:

I don't think untidyness is a problem. Do you have locks to stop mindees getting in there?

jemima
25-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I don't think untidyness is a problem. Do you have locks to stop mindees getting in there?

untidyness is the understatement of the year :blush: lol :laughing: all the stuff from the minding rooms has been shoved in there till I get time to sort it all out! I don't have locks but only have a 13 month old who doesn't go upstairs at all and 2 after school that only come every few weeks and are supervised when toileting so they don't have opportunity to go in them.

Minstrel
25-11-2009, 05:45 PM
untidyness is the understatement of the year :blush: lol :laughing: all the stuff from the minding rooms has been shoved in there till I get time to sort it all out! I don't have locks but only have a 13 month old who doesn't go upstairs at all and 2 after school that only come every few weeks and are supervised when toileting so they don't have opportunity to go in them.

I think you'll be fine

Just shove as much as you can into cupboards and drawers!

~Chelle~
25-11-2009, 06:10 PM
On my pre reg inspection, even though I had a stair gate and a small lock on all the upstairs doors, Ofsted said that I would need to attach the book case in my DS bedroom to the wall, in case a mindee managed to open the stair gate, go up the stairs, jump 5 feet to open the lock, pull the handle down, enter the room and climb up on the book case. She said that they could cause themselves an injury.

No matter how much I stated that they were not allowed upstairs and couldnt really get into any of the upstairs rooms, it was made as one of my conditions of iprovement on my pre reg inspection!

jemima
25-11-2009, 06:13 PM
On my pre reg inspection, even though I had a stair gate and a small lock on all the upstairs doors, Ofsted said that I would need to attach the book case in my DS bedroom to the wall, in case a mindee managed to open the stair gate, go up the stairs, jump 5 feet to open the lock, pull the handle down, enter the room and climb up on the book case. She said that they could cause themselves an injury.

No matter how much I stated that they were not allowed upstairs and couldnt really get into any of the upstairs rooms, it was made as one of my conditions of iprovement on my pre reg inspection!

How ridiculous! Are we not allowed anything private??? Makes me cross - is it not enough that we risk assess and supervise constantly - as if a child would go out of our sight for long enough to escape upstairs :rolleyes:

Twinkles
25-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Oh the shame of it - I still go cold when I remember it :panic:

She went in my TEENAGE son's rooms :eek: :eek: - it was very dreadful :panic:

She didn't comment on the INCREDIBLY untidy state of them but I was mortified :blush: :blush: :blush:

Merry-Minder
25-11-2009, 07:57 PM

That made me laugh!!:laughing:

sarah707
25-11-2009, 08:55 PM
My inspector asked to go upstairs...

It was during the school holidays and my children were hiding up there... it was awful! :panic:

The smell of ds's feet... the mess on dd's floor... :o

when my partner had his inspection it was a whole month between her ringing up and coming and I was on their case EVERY day... tidy your room, make your bed, clear your floor, open the window, pick up your washing...

She didn't bother to go up there! :laughing:

Shar
26-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Even the bedroom that is not registered and has a high bolt on the door the inspector wanted to look in. Think she was checking that there were no hidden kid's in it!!

miffy
26-11-2009, 05:46 PM
My inspector went everywhere - mindees thought it was great, they don't usually get to see all the bedrooms :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

purple rain
26-11-2009, 06:11 PM
lol these posts have made me laugh!!! on my pre reg inspection i was told that i wasnt allowed to keep wine on the top of the cupboards as a child would be able to get up there!! please they were 6 ft in the air!! :laughing: but obviously i did what she said i put it away. used it as a good excuse to drink it all :jump for joy:

suez
26-11-2009, 08:02 PM
same on my pre reg she looked in both my girls room i was mortified it was a complete tip then went in mine i had shoved everythin in there even the new rolled carpet that was originaly restin on the stairs i was so embarresed!:(