PDA

View Full Version : Help with understanding vouchers

tara
25-11-2009, 04:52 PM
My mindees mum said it will take up to 4 working days to get payment into my account she pays using vouchers from accor.I have just been reading this on there website

When will I receive payment?
If a parent pays you with electronic vouchers, we will issue payment to you on
the next working day after the parent requests payment online. If you are paid
by bank transfer, parents should make their online payment requests at least
4 working days before the money is required in your bank account.
We issue payment for paper voucher claims on the next working day after
receipt of postal claims. If you submit paper voucher claims online, we will
issue payment on the next working day for any claims submitted by 14:00.

so how dose this work im still confused :blush: so am l getting it by bank tranfer ive checked into my accor account and there is money on the way.What happens next.

madasahatter
25-11-2009, 05:45 PM
When will I receive payment?
If a parent pays you with electronic vouchers, we will issue payment to you on
the next working day after the parent requests payment online. If you are paid
by bank transfer, parents should make their online payment requests at least
4 working days before the money is required in your bank account.
We issue payment for paper voucher claims on the next working day after
receipt of postal claims. If you submit paper voucher claims online, we will
issue payment on the next working day for any claims submitted by 14:00.

They've put this because they know that the banks and building societies 'hold' the money between them transferring the money from their account into yours. This is one of the ways that banks etc make their profits by using our money whilst it is in transfer from one place to another. Some banks are getting better at handling bank transfers quicker but in general it is best to allow 4 days.
Having said that I usually receive the money from accor into my account 2 days after I receive their email saying that an automatic payment had been triggered.
When sorting out payment dates on your contract with parents you need to find out what day they are paid themselves, so that you can set the payment date as the same or just after. My parents get paid on the 28th of the month and our contracts states payment due on 1st of the month. As long as I get the email from accor on the 28th then I know it's all ok even if it doesn't reach my account until the 2nd or 3rd (weekends etc).