PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be registered childminder in Thurmaston Leicester

suzyw7
25-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Hello, my name is Suzanne and I am soon to be an Ofsted registered childminder in the Thurmaston area of Leicester. I have 3 children aged 13 yrs, 3 yrs and 2 yrs. Once I am registered I will have vacancies for 1 child under the age of 5 on a full or part time basis, and several vancancies for 5-8 yrs and over 8 yrs. I live closest to Eastfields Primary School and my own children currently attend the creche at Roundhill Community College 4 days a week.

I live with my partner and 3 children in Thurmaston village near to Asda. We have a pet goldfish and a pet hamster. We have a 30 foot enclosed lawned garden with various play equipment for all ages including an 8" trampoline, slides, trikes and a toddler bouncy castle among others.

We live 5 minutes from our local park and from the Watermead Counrty Park which is a regular visit for me and my children to feed the ducks etc.

I have 13 years experience as a parent and am currently undertaking courses in childminding practise and first aid.

I am happy to provide an informal chat to anyone who is looking for a childminder in the area after Christmas (hopefully all inspections will be complete by then). Please email me for further details or if you have any further questions.

Thanks and I will look forward to hearing from you :laughing:

Jacks_Mummy
11-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi - I am looking for a registered childminder in your local area for my 13 month old little boy. He is currently in a nursery but I am looking for a childminder instead. Have you completed all your inspections etc now and have any vacancies for an under 5?
Kind Regards

Rebecca

suzyw7
11-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi Rebecca,
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I have had a delay in my registration and am yet to have a visit from ofsted. I hope to be visited shortly and get the thumbs up from them and will let you know as soon as I have. I appreciate that you may need someone straight away and totally understand if you find somebody else in the mean time. However, I will get in touch with you as soon as I know anything and hopefully we can meet up for a chat and take it from there.
Kind regards

Suzanne

suzyw7
29-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Hello,
To anyone who has looked at my post I would just like to give you an update on my status: I am currently on a refresher paediatric first aid course and I have spoken to Ofsted today aregarding my application. They have completed all of their checks so I am now just awaiting a visit from an inspector which i have been advised can take 2 weeks. After that I should be able to take enquiries as a registered childminder. I will post again as soon as all has been confirmed, so if you are looking for a childminder in Thurmaston please bear me in mind.
Thank you,
Suzanne

suzyw7
15-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Hi - I am looking for a registered childminder in your local area for my 13 month old little boy. He is currently in a nursery but I am looking for a childminder instead. Have you completed all your inspections etc now and have any vacancies for an under 5?
Kind Regards

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,
I have had my visit from Ofsted and they are happy to register me as a childminder pending the Criminal Record check which they say can take around 8 weeks. I am confidnet that these will be passed with no problems and will also have finished my First Aid Course by then as this ends on the 11th March 2010.
If you are still looking for a childminder in the Thurmaston area, please get in touch and we can discuss your requirements. If you are no longer looking then no problem and thanks for your interest.
Kind regards
Suzanne