PDA

View Full Version : Toy and equipment resources

terrydoo73
25-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I have been looking at my toy and equipment resources and am trying to increase the play value in these. Today I have been looking at my post office resource box - I do have an ELC wooden letterbox and wooden envelopes as well as a post office tabbard and hat. I have just been on the ebay website and sourced a Postman Pat bag but I was wondering what else I could get to extend the play value. I was thinking of wooden scales but cannot source these - anyone got any suggestions where I could buy this or anything else you could suggest to include in the box.

Daftbat
25-11-2009, 12:27 PM
You could use scales from the kitchen when you are using these resources. How about an empty stamp packet and wrapping up some old cereal boxes with brown paper and string and drawing stamps on it?

terrydoo73
25-11-2009, 02:43 PM
THe only disadvantage in using kitchen scales for me personally is the breakage - they have done it before by sitting on the scales themselves! Yes I know but they have! Also I did use old envelopes and packages before wrapped as you said but they went to the bother of opening the packages up just to see what was in them!

miss mopple
25-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Ink stamps
Postcards
Till and pennies
Mock passports

I have a great pack that was issued free by royal mail- not sure if they do them anymore but may be worth a look on their website to see if they have any free resources

sarah707
25-11-2009, 09:07 PM
When you get junk mail and those return envelopes, I save them for post office play. :D

miffy
25-11-2009, 09:33 PM
There are some lovely wooden scales here

http://www.twenga.co.uk/dir-Toys-Games,Make-believe-toys,Toy-scales

Just depends how much you want to pay

Miffy xx