PDA

View Full Version : OMG help.....

jemima
25-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Had call today - missed it so just called back (couldn't have waited for them to ring back feel sick) and they are probably coming next week. I have only been minding for 9 weeks only registered since July and am really panicking :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:
help ..... :(

jellytot
25-11-2009, 12:23 PM
I know its easier said than done but calm down, take a moment and write a list of anything that needs doing. That way you wont be trying to do lots of things all at once.

I'm sure you will be fine xx

Daftbat
25-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Take a breath!

Right - I am sure that you probably have everything in place. Just methodically go through your paperwork and systems and then realx - Ofsted are there to help:)

If you have any specific things you need to check we are all here to help:thumbsup:

caz3007
25-11-2009, 12:27 PM
I am also being inspected next week. Its not my first one, but it the first since all the changes and I am worried too.

gigglinggoblin
25-11-2009, 12:34 PM
It will be fine! Just do what you normally do. Have you done the sef? If so it means half the questions they could ask are already answered. If not have a look through the questions and make some notes so you are prepared when they ask, maybe have a flick through eyfs so you have it fresh in your mind. Plan something nice for next week and make sure you have all your paperwork out in a big pile, including drivers license, mot, blank child info forms, learning journey etc then just leave them to sit with their laptop while you play.

I have always found inspectors to be really nice :)

jemima
25-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks everyone I had just started to look at my SEF last weekend so was thinking about it. I think I have everything in place need to look at my risk assessments and update and check on my obs and learning journeys but think I am ok. Just panicked. Didn't think they'd ring for another month or so :(

gigglinggoblin
25-11-2009, 12:41 PM
That would just be another month to worry about it. Getting it out of the way is best!

jemima
25-11-2009, 12:42 PM
That would just be another month to worry about it. Getting it out of the way is best!

I am starting to calm down now and think what a lovely Christmas I'll have (if I don't get inadequate of course!):laughing:

Merry-Minder
25-11-2009, 03:47 PM
I know excactly how you are feeling ive also being called today to say they are coming next week! Shall we hold hands and scream together?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FizzysFriends
25-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I know excactly how you are feeling ive also being called today to say they are coming next week! Shall we hold hands and scream together?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me too, start of the week for me

jemima
25-11-2009, 04:40 PM
me too, start of the week for me

we could scream or have a few vodka's either could help! x :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Minstrel
25-11-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm another- mine is coming on Tuesday :(

purple rain
25-11-2009, 08:30 PM
mine is either tomorrow or friday!!! i was calm... now im not!! just cant think of what i need to have out. glad someone just said driving licence. AND last night a bottle of lemonade fell out of the loft :laughing: exploded everywhere :laughing: litrally dripping from the cealing..... and now my smoke alarm is not working!! i have only just checked it!! :eek:

house is pretty much tidy well hygienic but im not sure what to do tomorrow. obv i have done planning but mindee is 20 months and will move on to next things really quickly

anyway better get on with stuff hope she comes friday instead

Carpet Monkeys
25-11-2009, 10:09 PM
My top tip is to make sure that all the items in your first aid box are in date!

nannymcflea
25-11-2009, 10:19 PM
GOOD LUCK to all who have their inspection next week. Methodically go through your paper work, make sure everything is signed, risk assess your life away and make sure reg is up for all to see.

Do whatever you usually do on the day so the children don't get confused and don't be afraid to do those silly noises/voices/songs when reading and changing nappies etc.

Be yourself and you'll be fine.:thumbsup:

Merry-Minder
26-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh my goodness Ofsted are busy at the moment!!!!!

I think both might help - Vodka and lots of screaming!!!!:eek:

FizzysFriends
26-11-2009, 02:49 PM
I have searched for my inspector and she has only given satisfactories over the last 6 months that I checked.

jemima
26-11-2009, 03:43 PM
I have searched for my inspector and she has only given satisfactories over the last 6 months that I checked.

Well she better get ready to give a better grade hadn't she!:D

Trouble
26-11-2009, 03:57 PM
g over all your contract and medical stuff make sure all parts are filled in and signed

no matter how much i read mine i still missed one and so did he:D