PDA

View Full Version : National Standards

JennyM
24-11-2009, 01:56 PM
My pre-reg visit is happening on Thursday morning.

Do I need to be reading up on the National Standards and the EYFS or have the standards now been scrapped?

Do they ask you lots of questions about it?

Thanks!

Blaze
24-11-2009, 05:06 PM
National Standards go in the bin - they are obselete. It's the EYFS & the welfare standards in the pack you need to be looking at. :)

sarah707
24-11-2009, 06:08 PM
You should have a pre-reg pack in the post from Ofsted that you work through.

If you don't have a copy I'd give them a ring and ask :D

JennyM
24-11-2009, 09:47 PM
I've got a big booklet called Practise Guidance for the Early Years Foundation stage, is that it? I am panicking now, I didn't get sent a pack from Ofsted :panic:

jumpinjen
24-11-2009, 10:00 PM
The thin book in the pack is the bit that Ofsted really want to see that you have complied with. It has sections for what is compulsory for you to do and what is good practice if not compulsory. If you work through that, then you won't go far wrong! It says specifics about childminders too, so don't panic when you start reading and it sounds horrific, some of it only applies to nurseries. Make a list and tackle them one at a time!

jenni x

Blaze
24-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Don't panic - you can get it from there website:

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Pre-registration-briefing-for-those-wishing-to-become-childminders/(language)/eng-GB

Guess what you're doing tomorrow!!!!;)