PDA

View Full Version : Minding a 5 month old

mississmoomoo
24-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi, I may be having a 5 month old baby starting in the new year, the youngest mindee I have at the moment is 2 so I had a couple of sessions where she came prior to starting to get her settled.

Will I need to do this with a 5 month old? I feel daft but I know that I will need to know the obvious feeding times etc but a baby that young would only need to come maybe for an hour or so prior to coming, or would they?

Tink
24-11-2009, 10:51 AM
I'd have her in for a few visits. She needs to get to know you and your house and the different noises and smells and like you say you need to feel confident with her routine and know what she likes etc.

Good luck, I bet your excited:clapping:

RainbowMum
24-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Remember settling in sessions are for you and the parents too - its not always easy for a Mum to leave a baby so a few short sessions can ease her into it as much as the baby ;)

Straws
24-11-2009, 02:39 PM
I have a baby starting in new year, will be doing some settling in sessions next week for a couple of hours at a time, Parents like settling in sessions it puts them at ease before they start full time sessions.

Straws xx

chels55
25-11-2009, 10:39 AM
i offer the settling in sessions for all ages. I also try to offer them on the settling in session on days the children that they will be with are here too so that they can get to know each other

LittleAcorns
25-11-2009, 12:50 PM
oh such a teensy baby

I look after twin baby girls who are 5 months and twin baby boys who are 5 months!!!!!!

only one day each for each set!

she is quite young so I would personally go with 1 hour settling in periods, perhaps 2 or 3 of these