PDA

View Full Version : Help with contract and settling in periods

Loreto
23-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Hello everyone,

I try to look around the forum to find my answer but didn't find it, so I hope that someone out there can help me.

My first and only mindee was going to do only 4 days in November with me, 2 hours each day and then they will think about doing more hours from January when they'll come back from their holidays.

I only received my ncma paperwork yesterday, so I never did a contract with them(I know them and trust them, so I'm not worry about that) Is it ok to do it once you've started?

They told me today that they want me to mind X for 2 days a week, 4 hours each day from January. Which I'm happy with as I got a 14months myself and going to be looking after a 12months old from January.

My questions are:

Do I have to do the contract from the first day I looked after him or you do not have to include settling in periods on the contract?

Do I have to do all the paper work(planning, observing, assessment, linking...) or you are not suppose to do it in settling in periods?

I didn't think I was going to end up looking after him after the 4 sessions, as they live far from me and his dad is not working. But they really want me to look after him. I didn't make any notes on the days, should I start writing all I can remember?

Thanks very much, I am a bit overwhelmed by all the things I have to read and write and don't know where to start.

Loreto :)[/COLOR]

sarah707
24-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Hi

Yes you need a contract from the first day a child starts with you... or you are not covered by insurance.

Settling in period is for initial observations so that you can plan to the child's likes and dislikes... you will find yourself watching and listening all the time anyway, just jot a few things down.

Hth :D

Loreto
24-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Thanks very much Sarah,

Will fill up the contract with them next time I see them.

And I will write some initial observations of those 4 days. Thanks again :)