PDA

View Full Version : I'm back

geordiebunny
21-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Ok so sorry for being away for so long had lots of personal stuff.

Am registered and working :clapping:
I have 1 part time 11 month old girl who is a dream, but I have a few questions. She is 11 months and doesn't even crawl or attempt to she is getting a bit more active when on her tummy, is this normal?

Also with xmas coming up I want to do something with her for a gift to her parents but I don't know what to do? ideas much appreciated

Last question I promise, is it normal for parents to not read the daily diary? I constantly do this and have even dropped it off after she has been collected(only lives over road) but it never seems like it has been read.
She is still attending nursery 1 day a week and they have a daily diary in the bag also so the nursery staff can see my diary when she is with them I am a little worried about this with regards to privacy but do not have the confidence to bring this up with the parents, I just don't want the nursery to think am taking work off them. Probably stupid I know but still relatively new with this all not even looked at SEF yet.

Many thanks everyone and I promise to get on more regularly.

PixiePetal
21-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Welcome back and to the wonderful world of childminding! :D

My DS just sat and did not move til 10+ months, then was walking by 13 1/2 months. They are all different, keep encouraging her - try putting toys just out of reach and get her interested. Hopefully her muscles and interest will develop and she will get there - I wouldn't be too concerned at this stage, just note her progress however small it is. May be a slow process, some kids take it all in then surprise you when you least expect it!

Something with a handprint on it is always a hit for parents with a child that age, who's artistic ability is limited :thumbsup:

Daily diary - you can't win them all - some parents never look, mine are all really good - we use it as 2 way communication, mum writes me notes about fees/times/calpol etc and I add notes on if I need to finish early etc.

This is not the book they take for nursery. I gave nursery a letter explaining who I was and offered to supply a small notebook which we now both write brief notes on what we have been up to. All ok'd with parents.

Good luck with it all, others may have other suggestions, I'm not saying what I do is the only way, but it works for me.

:)

sarah707
21-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Ok so sorry for being away for so long had lots of personal stuff.

Am registered and working :clapping:

Congratulations!

I have 1 part time 11 month old girl who is a dream, but I have a few questions. She is 11 months and doesn't even crawl or attempt to she is getting a bit more active when on her tummy, is this normal?

I know a lot of children who aren't given the opportunity to move around at home...

One of my babies was sat in chairs until he started with me.

they do learn very quickly... she'll move in her own time with opportunities

Also with xmas coming up I want to do something with her for a gift to her parents but I don't know what to do? ideas much appreciated

Photos or hand prints are always welcomed by parents

Last question I promise, is it normal for parents to not read the daily diary? I constantly do this and have even dropped it off after she has been collected(only lives over road) but it never seems like it has been read.

Yes it's normal with some parents. maybe you could say 'I've written about x's exploration of the sand in her diary and would love your comments...

She is still attending nursery 1 day a week and they have a daily diary in the bag also so the nursery staff can see my diary when she is with them I am a little worried about this with regards to privacy but do not have the confidence to bring this up with the parents, I just don't want the nursery to think am taking work off them. Probably stupid I know but still relatively new with this all not even looked at SEF yet.

You need to share information with the other setting... you should have parents written permission for this in the child's file.

Many thanks everyone and I promise to get on more regularly.

Hope this helps! :D