PDA

View Full Version : Am worried I am missing something

Eliselady
21-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Hello everyone!

I am trying to get registered as a childminder and have my pre-reg inspection next week.

I am a bit of a list person (actually am a total list freak!) and I have been scouring the internet for some sort of checklist of things you need to do before you register, but cant find anything. I am really worried I am missing something obvious, for example of I only found out last night (thanks to this fabby website) that I need to be registered with the environmental health!

Is there anything out there?

So far I have:
Got my first aid certificate
attended the training course
started reading the EYFS pack
Informed my car insurers
Got my public liability insurance
written my policies and procedures
started my risk assessments

Erm....anything else?

Thank you for any reassurance you can give, I am feeling a bit lost at the moment.....

mama2three
22-11-2009, 08:29 AM
At this point you are way ahead of the game! At your pre-reg visit the inspector will not expect any of this - she will be pleased to see you have started writing policies and advise you on any improvements , and she will look at your risk assessments to see how you deal with 'risk'. mine told me it was not what risks she could see in my home she was interested but in my attitude to risk.
Things will be much clearer after the visit - have you looked at the booklet with about 40 questions in? if you can answer those (i never filled mine in but most do) you are very much on the right tracks. Good Luck , Kath x

Ripeberry
22-11-2009, 09:59 AM
You've done most of it, but also remember to tell your home insurers! :thumbsup:

Eliselady
22-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Home insurers! Forgot that!

Thankyou for the advice and reassurance, I really appreciate it.

Em

Zoomie
22-11-2009, 04:57 PM
try and find the ofsted - preparing for your inspection questionnaire.

It will form the basis of many of the questions the inspector may ask, and having pre-filled mine in, I was able to refer to it whenever nerves (and lack of knowledge) got the better of me.

Good luck

Eliselady
23-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Thank you!

I will let you know how I get on....fingers crossed....