PDA

View Full Version : CAN I PICK YOUR BRAINS?????

flora
21-11-2009, 04:48 PM
right I am doing a fundraisng stall for playschool next weekend.

We are doing a lucky dip and selling very big christmas punch balloons.

How much would you pay per ballooon????

What would you pay for the lucky dip, the dip prizes are nice ones from baker ross not tat :thumbsup:

Thanks Flora x x.

ps we are desparate for funds, and local people know this, so reall wan to charge the max I can get away with :blush:

jaja
21-11-2009, 05:04 PM
right I am doing a fundraisng stall for playschool next weekend.

We are doing a lucky dip and selling very big christmas punch balloons.

How much would you pay per ballooon????upto £1.50 to £2.50 depends on size, lol

What would you pay for the lucky dip, the dip prizes are nice ones from baker ross not tat :thumbsup: I would pay about £1

Thanks Flora x x.

ps we are desparate for funds, and local people know this, so reall wan to charge the max I can get away with :blush:

Hey when is it? we might be able to come and support you? the schools christmas on it next friday night and wednesday night is tricky, let me know when it is xxxxxxx

mama2three
21-11-2009, 05:15 PM
If you want to charge more than about £1 for the lucky dip you need to keep a few unwrapped so the parents can see the kind of prize they may get - otherwise they will expect tat! and pay accordingly.
Id probably say £1.50 for the balloons.
Good Luck , I know how hard it can be. My top tip ( after doing stalls for years!) borrow the low playgroup tables not the tall adult height ones. If the kiddies can see what they want then they do the selling!!!

flora
21-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Hey when is it? we might be able to come and support you? the schools christmas on it next friday night and wednesday night is tricky, let me know when it is xxxxxxx

Next Sunday at Waddingham village hall, 2pm loads of others there, not just me :thumbsup:

Blackhorse
21-11-2009, 05:24 PM
if I knew there were good prizes and exactly why you need the funds..i.e. what they are being used for I would probably pay about 2.50 for the lucky dip
for the baloons it would depend on the size of them etc...maybe £1-2

flora
21-11-2009, 05:24 PM
If you want to charge more than about £1 for the lucky dip you need to keep a few unwrapped so the parents can see the kind of prize they may get - otherwise they will expect tat! and pay accordingly.
Id probably say £1.50 for the balloons.
Good Luck , I know how hard it can be. My top tip ( after doing stalls for years!) borrow the low playgroup tables not the tall adult height ones. If the kiddies can see what they want then they do the selling!!!

Thanks for that, good tip :thumbsup:

flora
21-11-2009, 05:27 PM
if I knew there were good prizes and exactly why you need the funds..i.e. what they are being used for I would probably pay about 2.50 for the lucky dip
for the baloons it would depend on the size of them etc...maybe £1-2

Funds are to keep going, literally, staff are working for nothing till easter so that we can keep open, funded children increase after easter so income is much healthier .

At present we need paint, but no money to buy it.

I would normally sub them in this situation but money is tight here and I loose all mindees next yr so can'y help :(

jaja
21-11-2009, 05:45 PM
oh bless you xxxxxxx

Text me to remind me and i try and pop down to see you, have they put a notice up in caistor for it? or nettleton? worth a shot, i know my mum loves stalls and stuff and especially if its for a good cause,

take care sweety xxxxxxxxx

ajs
21-11-2009, 05:49 PM
flora i know it takes a lot of planning but very good money maker ( we made over £2000 in a weekend)
do you have a local supermarket as bag packing is fantastic way to make money
we did it for the scouts but it really is good for any fundraising especially for playgroups if you can get enough adults to help

mama2three
21-11-2009, 06:06 PM
bag packing does earn a lot , but its usually the kids who do it here ( for football club etc) who raise the most and playgroup children may not be big enough. how about carol singing , again ask your local supermarket for a couple of 1 hour slots , we found sundays best. people always put there hand in their pockets for angelic sweet tots!
If you can persuade local landlords then a carol singing pub crawl around the village pubs serves 2 purposes , a great night out for pg parents and a thankyou for hard work put in , and usually raises a packet too - a couple of pints makes wallets open much faster!
have you got any quite big businesses locally. around this time of year they are often nominating who will be their 'pet charity' for the next year. its worth sending out a few letters.
Hope things start to get better , our pg is struggling too - lots of grants out there for materials but none for sustainability. Good Luck x

flora
21-11-2009, 06:13 PM
flora i know it takes a lot of planning but very good money maker ( we made over £2000 in a weekend)
do you have a lovcl supermarket as bag packing is fantastic way to make money
we did it for the scouts but it really is good for any fundraising especially for playgroups if you can get enough adults to help

If the kids were older I would say this would work, but our youngest is only just two and our eldest was 4 in sept but is tiny :(

We are writing to everyone and anybody I am not too proud to ask anyone or apply for anything.

There is a millionaire i the village, but one of thie girls would have to "pay" him in kind so I think we will leave that till we are really really desparate :laughing:

ajs
21-11-2009, 06:24 PM
i know it's better with kids but i organised it for my local sure start centre ( before they royally screwed me) and we raised over £200 in about 4 hours with only adults bag packing

flora
21-11-2009, 07:01 PM
i know it's better with kids but i organised it for my local sure start centre ( before they royally screwed me) and we raised over £200 in about 4 hours with only adults bag packing

I will suggest it :thumbsup:

nannymcflea
21-11-2009, 08:38 PM
I will suggest it :thumbsup:

We did bag packing last Saturday, adults and kids over 10 years in 2 hour slots. We raised over £500 in 6 hours, plus £165 in Christmas quizzes for £1 each. Not bad considering we only covered 8 tills each go.

RachelE
22-11-2009, 07:11 PM
HI there,

I'd say £1.50 for the balloons and no more than a £ for the lucky dip.

Are you doing a bottle stall? I know that this has always been our biggest money maker. Having loads of non alcoholic bottles and a few alcoholic ones to draw the crowd in! - who can resist an alcoholic bottle for 50p/£1?! :)

Mike's just said gaelic coffee was a big money spinner - nice warm tipple on a old day! he also said are you having an Father Christmas? He used to take pics of the children on our camera with FC and charge £1.50 per picture.
We would have come too, but it's S's birthday party.

Have you got anywhere at all with the funding?

We would have come but its S's party at fun Forest 2-4!
I hope it all goes well :thumbsup:

TheBTeam
22-11-2009, 07:34 PM
the biggest money maker by far at our christmas fair is the Chocolate tombola, even with all the kids in the school contributing and some of them being split into smaller lots, we always sell out and need more.

Why not get the parents to donate some chocolate, we usually do it in return for a non school uniform day, but there could be something that you could perhaps do in return, or just a nice begging letter would be enough to get donations.

jaja
22-11-2009, 08:25 PM
What about a fashion show? or a chocolate board at 50p per go and kids love it, just need a board and numbers on and a dice? Face painting (although dont ask me, kids would be very upset with just spider faces, lol, lol ) Tombola store? or raffle? trasure hunt? name cards (jtf have them)

Speak to mel in the coop he can give you a form for sponsership from the coop as long as you advertise to parents from them,or market rasens coop, worth a shot...

Is there a haulage firm in waddingham? if so why not ask for sponsership from them? or local shops, if you explain they may be more inclined to put hands in pockets....

Good luck sweety xxxxxxx

jaja
22-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Cakes, sell cakes, i can make some if you like? xxx