PDA

View Full Version : really deflated

CAZMCA
20-11-2009, 10:18 PM
hi, i have been advertising for a couple of weeks and had a couple of enquiries, one over the phone and two by email, but nothing futher.

the lady that phoned said she had some questions she wanted to get together then would contact me to ask them, the emails have both asked for info, i have supplied and then nothing.........

why are they scared of me? i'm really nice!

sorry for the moan, just really can't wait to start my new career and it seems to be taking forever :(

Blackhorse
20-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I think most of us have been there..it took me months to get my first mindee though the door:(

lots of phone calls, people arranging to come and see you and never turn up..or they dont phone you back after they came to see you..that is unfortunately the frustrating side of our job. But it will get better and the first mindee will come your way

dont take it personally though ..it just seems to be the way it is!!

good luck!:clapping:

mrs c
21-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Yes it can take time to get going. I had my first mindee relatively quickly but then had no more enquiries for almost a year. Just hang on in there :thumbsup:

Curly Quavers
21-11-2009, 11:18 AM
I know you have probably heard this before but they really really are like buses.

Nothing for weeks and weeks then all of a sudden you find your self full and worried in case you have taken on too much (or is that just me)

Don't worry just keep your chin and and they will come.

x

AliceK
21-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Please don't worry it's not you, there could be 101 reasons why they don't make any further contact. I'm paniking a bit, I got my first mindee very quickly and she's full-time but I could do with another one but all I'm getting enquiries for is another 2 children all the time and I don't have the spaces :angry: . The right one will come along soon I'm sure just hang in there :)

xxxxx

brightstar
21-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Don't worry too much, it shows people are aware of you, thats a start. They phone around everywhere, and many seem put the cost before quality of care. That is really sad for the little ones.