PDA

View Full Version : first visit questions

mamasheshe
20-11-2009, 06:35 PM
hello I'm hopefully having my first inspection next week and just wondering what sort of questions they'll ask about the early years foundation i far from know it cover to cover should i be revising. Also done my best in the garden but concrete surface a bit lumpy bumpy i'll put it in a risk assesment but a bit worried i might have to change it (i rent my house.) I'm busy sorting out polices home risk assessments. any advice ???:panic:

sue m
20-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Hiya, is this your pre reg you're having? If it is, don't worry at all, you won't have to know anything cover to cover. They come and advise you what you need to do and it's good if you can tell them what you are going to do to make everywhere safe etc. . Hope it goes ok. :thumbsup:

mamasheshe
21-11-2009, 10:42 AM
thanks i've just heard it depends very much on the person you get which worries me a bit

clio0602
21-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi I had my pre reg on mon. There's a booklet in with your registration application forms etc. If you answer all those questions you'll be well prepared.

The lady who came to me asked me all the quetions in that booklet and told me which question to refer to and prompted and advised me on things I was unsure of.

She also asked me about my child safety policy and risk assessments. Then I had to show her the rooms I wanted registering. It lasted about 2.5hrs but it was fine even had DD with me who was very well behaved thank goodness

Oh I also was worried about my garden and also rent but she said it was fine if there was no access to the street thought pebbles might be a problem but apparently not. :)

Good luck

beccas
21-11-2009, 08:38 PM
if ofsted are worried about anything they will tell you and some may ask you aquestion and guide your answer.... thats what one of my minder friends said when she had her pre reg.

mamasheshe
21-11-2009, 08:39 PM
thanks your making me feel so much better

mama2three
22-11-2009, 08:23 AM
if ofsted are worried about anything they will tell you and some may ask you aquestion and guide your answer.... thats what one of my minder friends said when she had her pre reg.

mine seemed to answer her own questions too! one was why would you do observations you would do them to confirm a behaviour wouldnt you not to look for new development - all in one sentence!

Cazz
22-11-2009, 11:25 AM
mine seemed to answer her own questions too! one was why would you do observations you would do them to confirm a behaviour wouldnt you not to look for new development - all in one sentence!

Mine did a similar thing as well - only asked me about 2 questions that I had to answer myself :D

My inspector was lovely and really put me at ease - you're not far from me so fingers crossed you'll get the same lady.

Good luck - you'll be fine, it's really nothing to worry about.