PDA

View Full Version : So what is replacing the Care Commission??

Pudding Girl
20-11-2009, 04:55 PM
My CCO told me at inspection plus others have been told at theirs that next 2 yrs the CC won't exist.

Anyone know what is going to happen? Do we go to Ofsted too? :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Alibali
20-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Ofsted?! No thanks

Here you go a link to the site that will tell you all

I think they are just going to group us together in less 'scrutiny bodies' and I believe a lot of the CCO's will be given new jobs with SCSWIS Social care and social work improvement Scotland.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Health/Scrutiny/Newsletter1

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Health/Scrutiny/QandA

Pudding Girl
20-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks :) now why couldn't the CCOs have told us that :rolleyes:

Alibali
20-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Must be top secret information:laughing: :laughing:

Gizmo
20-11-2009, 07:34 PM
I think I read a bit in the last SCMA mag that its SSSC and social work and have been told by another cm that they will be less interested in paperwork and more towards the care of the children

Alibali
20-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I think I read a bit in the last SCMA mag that its SSSC and social work and have been told by another cm that they will be less interested in paperwork and more towards the care of the children

The SSSC will be changing too and they will come under the same scrutiny body as us.

Pudding Girl
20-11-2009, 08:59 PM

gosh are we supposed to actually read that thing lol??

Blackhorse
20-11-2009, 09:33 PM
haha..I put it aside meaning to read it and then the next one comes through the door and I havent read the first one yet...LOL

but I think now as an elected member I will have to..LOL

maybe I can find out some more next saturday about this...I am sure they are in the KNOW...:D
in fact they mentioned it last weekend but I never paid too much attention to it as it still sounded some time away before this is all going to happen

Pudding Girl
21-11-2009, 08:50 AM
not far away at all though, it's only 1-2 yrs when changes will take place, yes please do ask what they can tell you about it!

Pauline
26-02-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm dragging up this old thread because I've heard it is all happening from 1st April, is that right, any news?

arly
26-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Yes pauline as far as am aware it all starts from April. :thumbsup:

wendywu
26-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Is it the ....I dont care Commission :D

lorimac
26-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Apparantly were going to go to 4 yearly inspections for those with 4s and over. But they plan to do more unannounced spot checks.

Alibali
27-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Yes, it's all go from April, they are a bit stressed at the CC I think, I've been trying to get a variation since Jan 3rd and each time I phone I get told 'oh we're really busy with the handover, don't know when we'll get round to it'
(eventaully got it sorted on Thursday:D )

Here's hoping for a smooth transition:rolleyes:

Gizmo
27-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Same here I phoned to see about a variation for August and was told I couldnt get it because they dont know what all the changes will be yet and they also couldnt grant it as they wont be governing us anymore, there are also going to be a lot of redundancies so they are all worried about their jobs too

danasdaycare
29-03-2011, 08:41 PM
The official change is happening on 1 April 2011, so there may be more guidance available then on website on what happens with variances etc.

My CCO told me on friday when I had inspection that future inspections would be based on the risk factor of the childminder and their environment, rather being a set 1 year, 3 years as it was...

karen m
30-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Would be great if i could get to speak to someone from CC ,i moved to to Scotland 3 weeks ago i was Ofsted registered in England and really want to get things up and running here ,

Alibali
30-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Contact details from 1st April:

e-mail: enquiries@scswis.com
Tel: 0845 600 9527

Plus we're all supposed to get our new registration certificates sent electronically!! Save them the paper, thats a good start:laughing:

Pauline
02-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Contact details from 1st April:

e-mail: enquiries@scswis.com
Tel: 0845 600 9527

Plus we're all supposed to get our new registration certificates sent electronically!! Save them the paper, thats a good start:laughing:

Right, I'd better put 'change forum headings' on my to-do list! :rolleyes: