PDA

View Full Version : anyone had swine flu jab yet?

Spangles
19-11-2009, 11:01 AM
I've got my appointment on Saturday!

Bit worried as I'm breastfeeding but as I have asthma if I get flu it would be quite bad.

Anyone else had it yet?

grindal
19-11-2009, 11:03 AM
I am off for mine now :eek: I get a flu jab every year as have severe asthma and was in the first lot of invites from my surgery. Just hope DH and DS1 and 2 dont end up with it. Will let you know how I get on

little miss chatterbox
19-11-2009, 11:03 AM
my hubby had the letter inviting him as he has asthma too.

He's undecided whether to have it or not but like you, he knows the consequences of getting the flu with his asthma!

Good luck let us know how it goes.

Hebs
19-11-2009, 11:08 AM
i get the flu jab but will not have the swine flu one :thumbsup:

nell57
19-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Yes i have, cus I have asthma too. Had it 2 weeks ago. Had the normal flu jab on the Tues, then had the swine one on the wed. Had no problems what so ever, apart from sore arms for a bit, but thats me being a wimp:blush:

I can understand your concerns, can you talk to your practise nurse before you have it?

Winnie
19-11-2009, 11:34 AM
I had the flu jab about 4 wks ago. I heard that they are sending letters out for the swine flu one so sat waiting for an invite only to discover that my surgery are not writing to people :eek: I phoned because i hadnt heard and was told i must phone back next week when they will know the next lot of clinics- i'm a bit cross that i could of already have had it if i'd phoned last week.
I have heard that some people are a bit poorly after the jab but i will chance it because i have asthma and know how bad i can get with colds and flu.

CherryBlossom
19-11-2009, 01:25 PM
My friend is due to give birth in 3 weeks. They offered her the jab as when Baby is born will be beg.Dec and apparently most risky time or something.

She was going to decline, but then thought its better to be safe than sorry. She had it and the next day was really ill! She is bit better now though but strong flu like symptoms came on for first 4 or so days. Bless her.

xx

funtoplay
19-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi,

Read on the news this morning about starting to offer to the 0-5 age group next!

What are your thoughts on this? I will definately be getting my daughter done when offered!!

Julia

grindal
19-11-2009, 01:34 PM
I have just been for my swine flu jab and have DS1 and 2 booked in for next week and DH the week after that (although he does not know it yet). Personally i would never forgive myself if they ended up getting hospitalised or worse following swine flu when a quick vaccination could have prevented it. The vaccine is just as safe as seasonal flu vacs - it has just been tested much more quickly. The childrens injection is given as 2 jabs 3 weeks apart and is half the adult dose (was talking to the nurse today!)

hayleychildcare
19-11-2009, 02:26 PM
My DS and me are off for ours on the 20th. :panic: i hate injections, i always let me son (aged 90 go first because i have a tendancy to faint :eek:

Are they still inviting people who live with asthmatics to have the jab aswell?

Spangles
19-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Your son is 90? Crikey! Ha! He should definitely have it! xx

grindal
19-11-2009, 02:28 PM
My DS and me are off for ours on the 20th. :panic: i hate injections, i always let me son (aged 90 go first because i have a tendancy to faint :eek:

Are they still inviting people who live with asthmatics to have the jab aswell?

Wow - a 90 year old son :eek:
DS 1 and 2 do not have asthma - my practise nurse said they want everybody to get the vaccination.

hayleychildcare
19-11-2009, 02:29 PM
lol.... you would think he was somedays. He told DH the other day that he was going to be man of the house because hubby just wasnt sensible enough

Spangles
19-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Ha! How cute!

My 4 yr old wanted a play sword fight with Darren the other day and said' "Come on daddy, fight like a man!" Ha!

tulip0803
19-11-2009, 03:28 PM
I had mine about 2 weeks ago. I was fine apart from a sore arm for 4 days.
Last week I had to go for the seasonal flu one as I had been on antibiotics when they did them last month.
DH and I have been vaccinated because of our asthma bu the children have not.

LOOPYLISA
19-11-2009, 04:14 PM
i get the flu jab but will not have the swine flu one :thumbsup:

Snap :thumbsup:

flora
19-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I have asthma but only mild and it's non symptomatic so I won't be bothering.

I won't get dd done either. I am pretty confident from the sypmtoms etc that we have all had it anyway :thumbsup:

Trouble
19-11-2009, 09:44 PM
if i had asthma i think i would have it but i dont have any

Blaze
20-11-2009, 02:32 AM
All 3 of mine have been offered it - as have I & hubby - but after careful consideration we as a family will not be having the jab - IMHO it is too new & the process was rushed - the powers that be are more concerned with keeping the country going than the individual risk - if x amount of people have complications due to the jab - it's just collateral damage...not wishing to scare anyone - but that's my opinion - I also think the number of NHS staff etc refusing the jab speaks volumes...my decision scares me - because I know how high the stakes are if i get this one wrong - but all I can do is what I feel is best - so I am.

kindredspirits
20-11-2009, 08:20 AM
I will not be allowing my son to have the swine flu jab - if you look at the swing flu jabs they did it america it killed and disabled more people than were infected with the flu - as as many experts have recognised the virus as completely identical to that of seasonal flu i cannot see why everyone is getting so up in arms about getting their children vaccinated. FLU kills many people every year - swine flu will not kill more than seasonal flu. IMO anyway - but after careful research of real informative sites rather than useless government agenda.

Blaze
20-11-2009, 05:28 PM
I have asthma but only mild and it's non symptomatic so I won't be bothering.

I won't get dd done either. I am pretty confident from the sypmtoms etc that we have all had it anyway :thumbsup:

LOL - You can catch it again!:rolleyes:

Spangles
25-11-2009, 06:45 PM
I had my jab on Saturday and was absolutely fine thank goodness! My arm was fine and no flu symptoms! Chloe is fine too.

Glad I had it done.

Apparently there's been a high uptake here.

xx

carebear25
25-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Im still very undecided bout it and so is my dp.

As im asthmatic i have the normal flu jab but they wont give me that as im pregnant ...

mumof1
25-11-2009, 08:52 PM
My 7 year old dd got it last week, she has to get it in 2 doses, so have to go back nxt week for second dose. She has asthma and gets the flu jab every year also.