PDA

View Full Version : I cant stop shaking!

Minstrel
19-11-2009, 10:45 AM
I have just had an answerphone message from my inspector wanting to arrange my inspection. (i dont pick up withheld numbers!)

I cant stop shaking - i'm sooo worried- i've got so much to do that i know i wont be ready in time :(

LittleAcorns
19-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Hi Minstrel

sorry this is a quick reply as babies just woken :( give her a call back and just say you have things planned this week and the best part of next,, but youre available after I did this and she said she'd either be a friday or monday...kind of wish Id said I was busy Fri aswell, as she turned up!!

put her off til the end of next week and you'll be fine xx

ORKSIE
19-11-2009, 11:43 AM
sending you loads of Good Luck Vibes:jump for joy:

Mollymop
19-11-2009, 12:09 PM
I am sure you will be fine - tell her you are not working this week if she wants to come tomorrow... then you'll have all weekend to catch up on bits you want to do

Good luck x

Miriam
19-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi Minstrel

Don't worry - easy for me to say I know I was in a real panic! If I were you I would call back and ask when she wants to come and have some excuses ready - I told my inspector that I was busy all of last week and Monday of this week and she was more than happy to wait until Tuesday. Also, they called me a month before hand to warn me that they were going to inspect.

Also think what it is that you need to actually do, if you need any help or advice, not that I am an expert then PM me.

Lots of love

M
x

CherryBlossom
19-11-2009, 01:03 PM
You will be fine!
Sit down tonight and write a list of everything you need to do. Go through it one thing at a time.

I agree with others-try and put it of until next week.

Good luck

xx

Twinkles
19-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Maybe don't reply to the phone call 'till next week and be busy 'till at least Friday.

I was talking to an Ex Ofsted inspector today and she was saying they are given ten names at random who are due to be inspected. They then phone around 'till they get hold of five of them and the other five go back in the 'pot'.
You may be able to avoid for a week or so :thumbsup:

Minstrel
19-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi thanks everyone.

will def put it off till next week- i'll give her a call back in the morning! :blush:

I have quite specific times with mindees so will have a pretty good idea of when she will come.:thumbsup:

Whats the essentials? Think i know them but forum members brains are better than mine alone!

Twinkles
19-11-2009, 01:18 PM
registar

risk assessments

policies and procedures

learning journal or other obs books

good to have are;

fridge temps

fire drill record

fire alarm test record

displays of childrens work

ummmmmm............
can't think at moment........

Twinkles
19-11-2009, 01:19 PM
ooo parent feedback forms - get them out tonight and you may even get some back !

Minstrel
19-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Oooo will do! :thumbsup:

Got those things down- i'm worried i dont have enough obs... what do you think?

child a - goes to pm nursery- i have 3pm-5pm 4days a week since mid sept- i have 8 obs

child b- 5 hrs one day a week- for 1 month i have 3 obs

both have seperate sheets with routine and starting points for baby and starting points for toddler.

is this enough?

Twinkles
19-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Sounds like plenty of obs to me :thumbsup:

Minstrel
19-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Thank you!

And breathe! :panic:

Twinkles
19-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I would tell you to calm down but I freaked out when they called me the other week :blush:

Like someone else said make a list of the things you need or would like to have.

If there are some things you would like to have but have not yet got in place make a list of those too ( can you tell I like lists :laughing: ) and complete one job per evening.

Go round your house as if you were an inspector and note all the things you would like to see.

Check your first aid kit is up to date.
Oh and tidy the bedrooms , she looked in all my bedrooms ( they've never done that before ) even though I don't use them for minding - it was soooooooooo embarrassing -I have teenage boys :blush:

Mouse
19-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Oh and tidy the bedrooms , she looked in all my bedrooms ( they've never done that before ) even though I don't use them for minding - it was soooooooooo embarrassing -I have teenage boys :blush:

Blimey, I'm so glad my inspector didn't do that! Even I don't go into my teenage boys' bedrooms :blush:

Good luck Minstrel. Impossible I know, but try to relax!

Minstrel
19-11-2009, 02:03 PM
ok i have my list! :thumbsup: (although it keeps growing rather than shrinking! atm)

first aid kit up to date? its new so everything is in date and nothing has been used- is this enough or do you mean something else?

I will def tidy the bedrooms as mine are all reg'd!

Mouse
19-11-2009, 02:58 PM
In my first aid box I keep a copy of emergency contact details for the children, a copy of the 'permission for medical treatment' form and a signed permission slip that parents are aware of the contents of my first aid box & are happy for me to use them on their children. It means in an emergency I could grab the first aid box & would have all the info I need inside it. Ofsted liked this :thumbsup:
But having said all that, the inspector didn't even ask to see the actual box!

LittleAcorns
19-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Maybe don't reply to the phone call 'till next week and be busy 'till at least Friday.

I was talking to an Ex Ofsted inspector today and she was saying they are given ten names at random who are due to be inspected. They then phone around 'till they get hold of five of them and the other five go back in the 'pot'.

Thanks Twinks that one is stored in th eol memory bank for next time :clapping: :clapping:

Minstrel
19-11-2009, 04:57 PM

Must have missed this the first time you posted it

thanks twinks for the 'inside' knowledge :thumbsup:

flora
19-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Good luck Minstrel, you'll be fine :thumbsup:

Zoomie
19-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Good luck

:group hug:

babs
19-11-2009, 09:48 PM
good luck hun im sure it will go well remember relax be urself...

jumpinjen
19-11-2009, 10:15 PM
When the inspector came to my house, my dog jumped up her cream trousers with muddy paws, and my four year old asked her why her tummy was so fat (she was very large but suffered with diabetes as she patiently explained to my child whilst patting her tummy and laughing)..... and she still gave me a good, whilst I blushed and cringed alternately!!! So don't worry!

Jenni x

charliegee
20-11-2009, 12:13 AM
When the inspector came to my house, my dog jumped up her cream trousers with muddy paws, and my four year old asked her why her tummy was so fat (she was very large but suffered with diabetes as she patiently explained to my child whilst patting her tummy and laughing)..... and she still gave me a good, whilst I blushed and cringed alternately!!! So don't worry!

Jenni x

hahaha - sorry that made me laugh!! bless your LO!! Love how kids say such things!

Good luck hun, am sure you will be fab! xx