PDA

View Full Version : family coming to see me - advice please

sfox2003
19-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi

Sorry, i seem to be constantly asking questions at the moment. I promise I will answer other peoples posts once I know what Im doing :)

I have a family coming to see me tonight. I do not know them directly, they need a place from Jan (they are prepared to wait for my registration to arrive) their current CM is relocating & will have him on a week to week basis until I can take over.

The questions are

- deposit or no deposit? Should I take one?

- She wants cover for an extra hour a day in case they are late (they work far away) It must happen otherwise they wouldnt ask so should I charge for an extra hour? I currently charge £25.00 for 10 hours a day. Do you think its unfair for me to ask for an extra £3.00 to cover the extra hour?

-The little boy is 22 months, they are coming after work tonight at 6.30pm so he will be tired I pressume. But still, any ideas for things I can do with him so he doesnt get too bored. I will have my 4 year old with me aswell.

Thank You everyone.
Sarah

Anne66
19-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi Sarah First of all try to relax I know its hard when you first start but things do get easier. What I do if someone delays starting I tell them if anyone else contacts me during that time for childcare then I will contact them to let them know then if they are really interested thats when I suggest they leave me a deposit to keep the place open. As for the extra hour to be fair I would see how it goes if its only occassionally charge them the £3.00 but if it starts to happen regulary then change your contracted hours for the extended time for every session the child is with you. As for the child getting to bored if you have all your resources out available to him and with the presence of your son as well everything will be fine. All the best Anne