PDA

View Full Version : Eeeekk! Have family coming out to meet me!

CherryBlossom
18-11-2009, 09:26 PM
I feel like i have asked you lovely lot a million Q's already and i do really appreciate it!

Have a family coming out to me in a week-7 month old little girl. Need care 3 days a week..possibly more. Seem like a really lovely family-and I really want the visit to go well.

I am worried things will put them off, or they won't think i seem professional etc etc.

any tips, advice anything?? lol

xx

PixiePetal
18-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Deep breath and relax!

I am sure you will be fine, be ready to answer their questions and be yourself - that's the person who will be caring (hopefully) for their LO - YOU! :thumbsup:

jelly15
19-11-2009, 08:25 AM
I have a prospectus prepared, covering everything I can think of, and I give a copy to the parents to browse through while I make coffee. Then I go through it with them (using my own copy which has little notes for me in) it is almost like a script to work from but as they can't see my copy it seems like I am being natural to them.

Good luck and don't forget to let us know the outcome

naomiesian
19-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Just be yourself.... I had a family come to meet me last week, as I knew they would be bringing their 8 month old son with them I bought the toys out of the playroom into my frontroom so that he would have something to keep him happy while I spoke to his parents, as soon as they came in and put the baby on the rug to play, I without thinking sat down on the floor and started to play with him, this gave his parents chance to get out their list of things they wanted to ask me and I was able to answer inbetween barking like a dog and mooing like a cow :blush: , suprised they didn`t think I was mad as a hatter but we got on very well and I gave them a copy of my portfolio, polices and procedures to take home to read and they said they would call me in 2 weeks as they were going on holiday, that same night they phoned to say they loved me, they felt so at home and at ease and they have never seen their son take to someone elso so quickly and could they arrange to come and see me again as soon as they come back from their holiday to sign all the forms. So my advice would be, just be yourself, dont worry and keep calm. Hope all goes well hun xxxxx