PDA

View Full Version : speaking french observation

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
18-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi this is an observation that i have done this morning, The child will be 4yrs in Jan 2010

child A was in the lounge playing when he pointed to my emotions cushions and said, “At my nursery we call that one rouge” and pointed to the red one.

I said “well-done child A your speaking French; do you speak French at nursery”? He said, “ yes I do”

I then said “can you tell me the color of this one in French and pointed to the blue one he said “bleu”.

I said “well done child A what about this one” pointing to the yellow one he said “Jaune” again I said “well done and what about the green one”? “vert” he said.

Child A was very confident telling me the colors in French

The areas of learning and development are
PSED-self-confidence andself-esteem
KUW-communites
CLL-lauguage for communication and linking sounds and letters
I think this is right just wanted to check before i wrote it in his journal.

thanks

sarah707
18-11-2009, 12:25 PM
That sounds great to me!

I have 2 little ones learning French at home, so I collect French children's books and I have a weather chart in French that all the children enjoy using :D

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
18-11-2009, 04:56 PM
thanks very much sarah707 :D

mama2three
27-11-2009, 08:16 AM
my ds and mindee are both in the same group at nursery , and had a french week in october , learning a couple of words etc. they both really enjoyed this and weve extended it here , doing manners , colours etc. Im considering getting a teddy who will be french , after reading the welsh teddy helping with welsh language skills in the last who minds? mag. Just hope my very rusty french skills ( o'level 26 years ago!!) are up to it! Kath x

sonia ann
27-11-2009, 09:45 AM
my 16mth old mindee has a french grandma and already says Bonjour and Au revoir appropriately....she is so cute:)

LittleMissSparkles
27-11-2009, 09:51 AM
I care for a little boy, his mum's french and a language teacher at a local senior school and his dad is Irish lovely little boy learns us all a little french :)