PDA

View Full Version : Inspection!

suehorsley
17-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Phew, just had my first inspection under the EYFS framework! Mrs O was lovely, couldnt be more helpful and I felt really comfortable with her, unlike my previous inspection where I was left a jibbering wreck!!!!!
I was really concerned as I hadnt been minding for a year as I decided to try nursery work, but found it wasnt for me, and have only been minding again since the beginning of October this year!
Extremely pleased as I got a 'Good' grading across the board - I was expecting an unsatisfactory to be honest!
The only points that were made were that I should be recording risk assessments and that I should have a developmental checklist for new starters that can be put in the childs file. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this that they want to share? I have a rough idea but its always good to hear other peoples thoughts!
Good luck to all those that are having or are due inspections!
Su
xx

Shar
18-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Well done:clapping: :clapping: I use the EYFS assessment sheet with the early learning goals as a starting point for new children and Penni Tassoni's EYFS handbook. :thumbsup:

sarah707
18-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Well done Sue! :clapping:

TheBTeam
18-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Well done to you!

Mollymop
18-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Congratultions!!!:clapping:

Kafesh
18-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi everyone Im a newbie to this forum, glad to hear that your inspection went well I had the dreaded call tonigt to say my first inspection is due next week agggghhhh !
:panic:
kafesh x

nannymcflea
18-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Well done to you.:clapping:

For a quick assessment when a child arives, you could do a section for each of the 6 areas to see where they are. You could review these after a month to see where they have progressed and then every 6 months/year.

So a quick review for PSED...interacts well with peers,settles quickly with a new adult/key person,can wash hands indepenantly,needs support using the toilet....

does this make sense? Use whatever works for you.:thumbsup:

Playmate
18-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Well done thats bril! :clapping:

I to use the EYFS sheets according to the childs age (so could be using 2 age groups).

mrs c
19-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Well done. :clapping: :clapping: I also use EYFS sheets applicable to the child's age.

ORKSIE
19-11-2009, 04:57 PM
:clapping: :clapping: Well done:thumbsup: