PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take

cryingbaby
17-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi, I have been looking to start childminding for some years, and finally decided to go for it. I have been to the briefing session, and I am booked onto first aid and dhc, I will finish these on feb 5th, how long does it take to become registered after I have done these?
Also I phoned my council who says I do not need planning permission and they said I dont but charge £72 for a letter stating this. Do I need this letter?
Thanks in advance, carly

Straws
17-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi
It can take as little as 8 weeks to several months from what I have read on here, took me around 12 weeks from start to finish was waiting on CRB checks. CRB checks have held applications up for months.

You dont need a letter from the planning department just make a note of who you spoke to and when.

Straws xx

CherryBlossom
17-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi-it varies for everyone.
For my personally I decided back in Feb, but couldn't get onto the DHC until June..since then I am now waiting for my crbs back. I just hope its this year!
Taken 5 months so far.

x

suez
17-11-2009, 10:10 PM
i was told i would need a letter to state i dont need plannin permission i requested 1 while speaking to them on the phone but they didnt ask for any money thats a lot to ask just for a letter!

MarpleJollytots
18-11-2009, 11:11 AM
HI,We started in Feb.The CRB checks take the longest,they r suppost to be completed in 60 days.They found an error in mine when the 60 days was nearly over,i had written something in the wrong section.They put it back to the beginning of the que !!!!!!!!! Ringing CRB is a waste of time, to get it fast tracked ring up your local police and ask to speak to the disclosures department direct. I ring every day now and it is due to be completed in couple of days.I sent it in in August. Appart from that go for it, i cant wait xxxx