PDA

View Full Version : I'm here to help!

wilmabarnie
17-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum so please be gentle with me.... :blush:

I am currently on maternity leave so not working at the moment. I have previously worked as a childminder on my own, as a childminder with another lady and have provided places for children on the margins of society through Birmingham Sure Start Centres and Inclusion Department, which I found very rewarding. I am currently a manager of a private day nursery but thinking about going back into childminding as I now have a new beautiful baby daughter called Scarlet to look after.

I have completed my Foundation Degree in Early Years through the Open University and I've almost finished by top up degree to BA Hons in Early Childhood Studies through Staffordshire University.

So if you need any help with early years in general, either practice or study, please don't be afraid to ask - I'd be more than happy to help.

Kind Regards

Michelle :happy banana:

anniemayne
19-01-2010, 09:04 PM
hi can you help me??? very behind as just had a baby,im doing diploma in home based childcare unit 3. i stuck on this question:
identify a situation whereby reflection assisted you to improve your practice..

as you where a childminder how would you answer this question, dont worry if to busy to help but any help would be great as need to do it by friday...

**Personal email removed for confidentiality by Pauline**

thank you annie

nannymcflea
19-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi and welcome. Am hopefully starting my Foundation degree after easter so don't go anywhere I'm sure I will need help!:)

The Juggler
19-01-2010, 10:28 PM
hope baby scarlet's doing well. have you decided to go back to childminding or not yet? I'm just doing my third year of Early Years now. How is it going with you. You doing your research? could do with some moral support at some point!

TheBTeam
19-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Hello and welcome.

Heaven Scent
19-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi and welcome to you and Scarlett

Tatia
20-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Hi and welcome. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. :) I think you'll enjoy it around here. Everyone here is knowledgeable and friendly and full of top tips and good advice. Quite a lot of us are working towards or have finished our degrees and have worked in a variety of settings, too, like you have, so we have lots to talk about, I'm sure. :cool:

Good luck making your decision about going back into childminding.

Tatia
20-01-2010, 09:15 AM
AnnieMayne, I've PMd you. :)

clareg
20-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi Michelle ,congratulations on your new daughter, welcome and i hope to make use of your knowledge soon as i have just started home based diploma lol:laughing:

Chanelle
20-01-2010, 09:58 AM
I want to do my Foundation Degree too but didnt know I could start in Easter!

Do they do mid yearly intakes in Northampton too ?

Any advice would be greatlly rcieved as I missed the October deadline ! :)

Thanks

solly
20-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi and welcome:clapping: :)