PDA

View Full Version : Starting up in yorkshire

samkeddy
15-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi, i know it wil be different for everybody depending on where you live and who you know etc, but im due to finish my pre reg course in a couple of weeks so hope to be fully registered by the new year and am just wondering how long it took you other ladies to get a decent amount of children on your books? Thankyou x

mpoppins
15-11-2009, 07:52 PM
If you have children of your own I find it is best to go to as many local groups as possible and bring it in to general conversation that you are setting up. Thats how I've got my business so far before even being ready myself. The other suggestion , if you don't have children is to go places where people have children and do some market research.
Good luck
Marie:)

samkeddy
16-11-2009, 09:27 AM
thankyou, ill get out and about then. God this is scary

LisaMcNally09
16-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Im in Yorkshire!!

I finished my ICP course in June and it took 3 months after that to get registered! I wouldnt think you'd be registered for the new year. Sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear!

Lisa

clio0602
17-11-2009, 02:40 PM
From what I hear It seems to be the CRB that holds everything up! I've been told up to 9 weeks and had my pre reg inspection yesterday so I'm waiting impatiently :rolleyes:

samkeddy
18-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Oh i see, they told us after finishing the course OFSTED could be out within 2 weeks if we wished so i was thinking that was it completely forgot about waiting on the CRB. Oh well!! Have you found mindees allready?