PDA

View Full Version : Overnight care

jackie13
13-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Me again, another question!! Does anyone offer overnight care?? Is it easy to register for this if you want to? I have a spare room so its a thought but not sure what the demand would be but thinking nurses etc who do shift work? I live quite close to a hospital so i'm thinking there may be some demand in this area.

Goatgirl
13-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi Jackie,
I am registered for overnight care too, and also live near to a hospital, but have not had any enquiries for regular overnight care... so I'm in the process of turning it back into a study :-)

Could be diffrent in your area though: you just need to go through all the risks and make sure it is a safe area for whoever would be using it, as far as I know. Think about fire, safety of a sleepy child wandering out of the room, could you hear what's going on in there from where you'll be etc...

bws,
Wendy :-)

jackie13
14-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Thanks for your reply. I did think even if i didn't get any regular overnighters, it might be handy to register for it so i could offer babysitting services aswell. It all helps :)

Goatgirl
14-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi,
yes: you're right there, especially at the beginning, while you're still building up your business :-)
Hope it goes well - I hit a brick wall, trying to advertise the O/N care to hospital workers as they wouldn't let me put an ad up, lol. Hopefully your local hospital will be more accommodating :-)

all the best,
Wendy

sharon.c
17-11-2009, 12:34 AM
I offer overnight care as I live in a garrison town so lots of couples going to do's and things, I'm newly registered so will have to wait and see if it was worth doing lol :laughing: