PDA

View Full Version : Upstairs...

jackie13
13-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Just another question about using upstairs rooms... does anyone do this? I have a spare room which i could use to store toys and equipment and i wondered if i would be able to use it as a sleep room and a quite playroom, not to use all the time but maybe if i only have one baby for example, it would be more comfortable for them to play in a room that can be made just for them. I only have a small house so it would be good if i could use this extra space but how would ofsted feel about me allowing children upstairs? I'm not thinking 3 under 5's clambering up and down stairs all the time but if i only have 1 or 2 it would be a nice quiet area and maybe even somewhere where older children before and after school can go by themselves to do homework etc? Hope you can help advise me on this aswell!! Thanks!!

AliceK
13-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi
Well my whole house is registered which I think is quite common. I use the small nursery as a sleeping room for babies / young toddlers but thats it. I made it clear that although the whole upstairs is registered my own room and DS's room will not be used (unless he invited an after-schooler up there with him). I can't see it being a problem as long as the child / ren are fully supervised.

xxxxx

mrsgreen
13-11-2009, 06:04 PM
:) i have a upstairs room, that i use for sleeping babies etc. it wasnt a problem on my pre reg (make sure you have upsatirs gate up). i am not sure how they would feel about the room being used unsupervised? ofstead like children to not be too far from you.

grindal
13-11-2009, 06:09 PM
My ehole house is registered. I use spare room for little ones to sleep in - have a baby monitor. No problems with pre reg or inspections. It also means I am able to use the changing table in my bedroom if they wake up with a dirty nappy.

jackie13
14-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Thats good then thanks! If older children were in there by themselves i would be able to hear them with doors open and i'm thinking 8/9/10 year olds but will see what they said, wouldn't affect anything either way, was just an idea!