PDA

View Full Version : Partner thinks Ive been fobbed off!!

shelly03
13-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi I had my first potential mindee call round yesterday. She seemed nice and thought it went ok. However she took my policies to show husband and brought them back this morning I asked if she had read them and she said

"sorry we had visitors and husband was too tired. We know everything is ok and you are an official childminder. I will keep in touch"

I am laughing at the mo but it isnt funny really. What is that supposed to mean. I do not know what to think of it all. Time will tell I suppose but Partner is probably right. Wonder what I did wrong!

Just hope I get more enquiries.

grindal
13-11-2009, 10:51 AM
I dont think you have been fobbed off, but I would not give my policies to someone to take away with them before they have signed contracts.

Mouse
13-11-2009, 11:07 AM
No offence to you, but she's probably not interested in your policies at this stage. It's a bit too much for a first visit and more info than they need. Keep it simple to start with & provide them with information that they're more likely to want.

When parents come for a first visit I send them away with a 'welcome pack'. It's basically sheets photocopied from my portfolio and includes a bit about me, my contact details, opening hours & standard charges, an example of our daily routine, example of a menu, my complaints procedure, useful phone numbers & websites (Ofsted, NCMA) and info about what I include & what parents need to provide. (There is more, but I can't think what at the moment!)

At a first meeting I tell parents that I have policies, but I don't give them to them to read. Once they have signed contracts they get a copy of policies and sign to say they've read them (though I doubt many do!)

RedDragon
13-11-2009, 11:10 AM
We know everything is ok and you are an official childminder. I will keep in touch":angry:

Personally I would be happy with this - I know how hard I work and I don't think Childminders are given enough respect - would any parent ask a teacher or a nurse etc for their registration certificate and want to see proof of everything we do/have written?

shelly03
13-11-2009, 11:18 AM
No offence to you, but she's probably not interested in your policies at this stage. It's a bit too much for a first visit and more info than they need. Keep it simple to start with & provide them with information that they're more likely to want.

When parents come for a first visit I send them away with a 'welcome pack'. It's basically sheets photocopied from my portfolio and includes a bit about me, my contact details, opening hours & standard charges, an example of our daily routine, example of a menu, my complaints procedure, useful phone numbers & websites (Ofsted, NCMA) and info about what I include & what parents need to provide. (There is more, but I can't think what at the moment!)

At a first meeting I tell parents that I have policies, but I don't give them to them to read. Once they have signed contracts they get a copy of policies and sign to say they've read them (though I doubt many do!)

I did give her a WELCOME PACK However she asked if she could take them to show her husband.

Mollymop
13-11-2009, 11:18 AM
It sounds fine hun, she said she will keep in touch so it sounds as if she is interested in you. You might find she will ring you back in a day or 2 to sign contracts x

Goatgirl
13-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi Shelley,
I think its a god sign that she came back with the policies: shows she has respect for you :thumbsup:. I've stopped giving copies of all mine out since two families went off with them and never heard from them again! I now have a heap of stuff out for parents to read here if and when they like, but take them briefly through my way of doing things verbally... I also offer to email them their own copies. More detailed information is only really needed if they like my setting, think it will suit their child and want to sign on the dotted line :)

Hopefully when she's had time to discuss everything with her husband she'll be back in touch. Fingers crossed!

bws, Wendy

miffy
13-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Give her a couple of weeks and then phone her.

Miffy xx