PDA

View Full Version : Just had my ofsted visit!!!!!

sfox2003
12-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Hi

Ofsted lady left an hour ago & it couldnt have gone better. OMG Im on cloud nine!!!!

She said to me that it was a 'dream pre-reg inspection'. She thanked me for all the work & planning I had done. Because id done so much EYFS stuff (topic wall, activity plans, notice board for parents outlining activities) she said that she could skip asking me about 40 questions because I was clearly demonstrating my knowledge & understanding of EYFS.

I mentioned that when my children are both at school in 5 years time I may look into teaching assistant. She said 'or possibly teaching?' She said local authority would snap me up in a second & maybe even look at working for ofsted too because her job is homebased & she has always fitted it around her family.

She said I would be a valuable childminder & said she was eager to get it pushed through so that I could get up & running asap so they didnt loose me (because I mentioned I really needed to get going quick as I need to be earning after Jan).

So needless to say I will be registered soon (how exciting), crb dependant of course. But crb should be fine, the most me & hubby have between us is one speeding ticket from about 7 year ago.

Im excited now & really feel I need to get advertising, but how do I do it? Im not yet ofsted registered so how can I word it so that Im not lying but I still get peoples attention?

Thank you
Sarah

Mollymop
12-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Well done you! Not long to go now x

LittleStar's
12-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Well done on your registration visit :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Cant really help you with your advertising though, i found mine on netmums and explained that i was in the process of registering and she was fine with that as she didnt want an immediate start anyway!!!

Good luck :D

Twinkles
12-11-2009, 01:57 PM
That's fab , well done :clapping:

You could just put in your adverts 'soon to be' or 'in process of '....Ofsted registered or not put about Ofsted at all and explain when you get calls that your registration will be through soon.

sarah707
12-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Well done you! :clapping:

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 06:10 PM
:clapping: :clapping:

miffy
12-11-2009, 06:11 PM
That's great - glad your hard work paid off!

Well done

Miffy xx