PDA

View Full Version : WHEN WILL YOUR TREE GO UP

angeldelight
12-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Seen a christmas tree up around here the other day - a bit early I think

Lots of the parents are putting theirs up next week

What about you when do you put your Christmas tree up ?

We have a real one so it goes up about 2 weeks before the big day

Oooooooh I am sooooooo excited :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Angel xx

Spangles
12-11-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm excited too!

We usually put decs up the first weekend in December so as long as Darren's home then this year it will be the same!

Wahoo!!! Christmas is coming!!!

clare78
12-11-2009, 11:05 AM
i have seen a few houses with lights up round my area aswell

we put are tree and decorations up the first friday in december

carnt wait only three more weeks

i love christmas and wrapping presents i always wait until the tree goes up to do my wrapping feels more christmassy then

:excited: :excited: :excited:

angeldelight
12-11-2009, 11:06 AM
i love christmas and wrapping presents i always wait until the tree goes up to do my wrapping feels more christmassy then

:excited: :excited: :excited:

yes same here

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

xxx

Hebs
12-11-2009, 11:07 AM
loads up here, i love christmas but even thats too early for me :panic:

ours go up 2 weeks on saturday, can't wait!!!

mama2three
12-11-2009, 11:09 AM
the earliest i saw was in october. mine goes up the first weekend of december.
when i was little our tree went up after we went to bed on christmas eve...it was so magical getting up on christmas morning to the tree and decs and presents. lovely memories. x

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
12-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Ours goes up the first weekend of December and I cannot wait. :clapping: :clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

Mouse
12-11-2009, 11:14 AM
I love Christmas, but hate the tree being up too early. I also hate it being up for long after Christmas. I think it's because we live in a small house & I feel claustrophobic if there are loads of decorations up. If I lived in a bigger house we'd have a massive tree up on the 1st December & decorations everywhere!

Our tree tends to go up a week before christmas & comes down on 2nd Jan. It may have to be up earlier this year though as some of the mindees break up for Christmas on 11th Dec and I'd like them to see it before they finish.

LOOPYLISA
12-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Firt weekend in december, 5th i think it is

Will be a big real tree too :clapping:

PixiePetal
12-11-2009, 11:24 AM
First weekend in December, seems to be a popular date :)

Usually do it on the Saturday, when kids are out shooting with DH and I can do it on my own :thumbsup: I save them a few special bits to put on but no-one touches MY pixie, pipe cleaner elf or little wooden train (last two are from my primary school xmas bazaar about 37 years ago, Pixie was my mums :blush: )

fionamal
12-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Cant wait! We put all ours up the first weekend in December:clapping:

AnnieM
12-11-2009, 11:32 AM
First weekend in December here too. A house round the corner from us has all the lights up outside. :rolleyes: Kids thought it was great when we drove past las night.

emler
12-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Cant wait! We put all ours up the first weekend in December:clapping:

Me too :thumbsup:

LittleMissSparkles
12-11-2009, 11:47 AM
first weekend in December :D x

Mollymop
12-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Last year min ewent up on 19th November! :blush: I got a bit bored of it by xmas day!

So this year I am gonna hang on a few weeks later and put it up on 27th Nov - is that too early?

Willowdancer
12-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Blimey, I feel like such a kill-joy now :laughing: Ours goes up the weekend the kids break up from school, so it'll be 19th or 20th December this year.

Although now that I'm thinking about it I'm starting to panic over where its going to go as I bought a desk for the kids' computer back in the spring and its sitting where the tree usually goes!! :rolleyes:

PixiePetal
12-11-2009, 11:51 AM
So will we all post pics of our trees when they go up? I would love to see other peoples trees - I am sad, I know :laughing:

charleyfarley
12-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Ours was late going up last year as we were having the living room done so this year I said it is going up on the 1st December :D

Carol xx

Merry-Minder
12-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Ours goes up a few days after my sons birthday which is the 7th - I dont like christmas to take over his birthday.

I think it would be nice to see everones trees too. x

xSarahx

LOOPYLISA
12-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Last year min ewent up on 19th November! :blush: I got a bit bored of it by xmas day!

So this year I am gonna hang on a few weeks later and put it up on 27th Nov - is that too early?

YES

:laughing: :laughing:

Tink
12-11-2009, 12:08 PM
I love Christmas it's the best but I can only cope with the tree for so long.
I'm so excited though it's my daughters first proper Christmas she will be 18 months, last year she was only 6 months and slept most of the day, so this time I can't wait, she loves lights so it should be very interesting when we put the tree up.:clapping:

ajs
12-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Blimey, I feel like such a kill-joy now :laughing: Ours goes up the weekend the kids break up from school, so it'll be 19th or 20th December this year.

Although now that I'm thinking about it I'm starting to panic over where its going to go as I bought a desk for the kids' computer back in the spring and its sitting where the tree usually goes!! :rolleyes:

hubby's birthday on the 20th so we often wait until the next day so he can celebrate his birthday and not christmas
comes down new years day too

mummyroysof3
12-11-2009, 01:24 PM
mine is going up ready for my mum visiting on the 11th december and will come down asap after christmas, the kids can have the tree up in the playroom and the window stickers on before that if they want though

charlotte x

patevans
12-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Ours goes up the first weekend of December and I cannot wait. :clapping: :clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

Mine do too, I fetched it out of the attic at the weekend to check it still worked and I didnt want to take it down again :(

singlewiththree
12-11-2009, 01:29 PM
There is a house near me with tree up, wreath outside, stockings by the fire :eek:

We are usually the first weekend in Dec but to be honest I'm just not christmassy this year

Hebs
12-11-2009, 01:50 PM

NOPE mines going up on saturday 28th :thumbsup:

comes down around new year (last year i took them down on 2nd jan) :D

Heaven Scent
12-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Mine will go up just as soon as I get the living room painted and re-organised. I usually have it up for about 3 weeks but it doesn't come down until after the 6th January the feast of the Epiphany which is the day the Wise Men went to visit Jesus with the gifts - where the tradition of exchanging gifts comes from. it is a holy day in the Catholic Church and is known as little Christmas in Ireland - (I'm sure the Epiphany is celebrated in all Christian Churches) so I'm afraid it is part of Christmas and so everything stays up until after that much to DH's annoyance that is why nothing goes up too soon I really would get sick of it all.

PixiePetal
12-11-2009, 02:58 PM
NOPE mines going up on saturday 28th :thumbsup:

comes down around new year (last year i took them down on 2nd jan) :D

Mine comes down on the 2nd, then I can get it all packed away and clean before mindees come back :thumbsup: I sometimes leave the nativity scene till 6th - my catholic upbringing :blush:

jaja
12-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Last year we had two:blush: :blush: we always get a real tree and last year no difference on the 1st it was up and by the 19th it was nearly dead and on the 22nd we brought our second tree:blush: we have a coal fire and it killed my tree:crying: so this year its either a late tree or not many coal fires

Taking the tree down is always two or three days after christmas day the quicker the better, we get bored of it...

but i love a roaring fire, christmas lights on, soppy film, bottle of wine and chocolates, oh bring it on could just do with it now xxxxxxx

oh, how many days to chirstmas????

Daddy Day Care
12-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Up 24th down 26th bahhhhhhhhh humbug

mama2three
12-11-2009, 04:46 PM
So will we all post pics of our trees when they go up? I would love to see other peoples trees - I am sad, I know :laughing:

blatantly stolen from a forum i used to 'frequent' we had a thread for all our tree pics and on about the 15th of dec one was chosen as the best and the winner got a little tree ornament. shall we do something similar. nominate someone to choose. i dont mind buying the dec. :littleangel: ( angel was the nearest thing to a christmas icon!!!)

buildingblocks
12-11-2009, 05:35 PM
mine always goes up the first Sunday in Advent or the last Sunday in November whichever is sooner. This year they fall the same date. It takes nearly a whole weekend as we have a large 7ft tree in the front room, and one in the dining room as well. We also decorate the playroom which also used to have a tree in but it was years old and finally died a death a couple of years ago.

Have threatened not to put the dining room tree up this year as I usually scratch myself to death putting that one up.

Putting up the decs usually causes world war 3 in our house as I like things symmetrical on the tree (I am sure I have OCD but not he cleaning bit of it) but hubby has to do it as I am not tall enough and just putting two sets of lights on takes forever. Mine go up so early so that the mindees get to see it all whilst we prepare for everything but they come down on News Years Eve as I like to see the New Year in with a clean house.

Tatia
12-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanksgiving is the 3rd Thursday in Novemeber and it's traditional in The States to put your tree up any time after that. Tony usually makes me wait til 1st of December but we're going away for Xmas and I want to have time to enkoy the three and decorations. So just dpeends on when I get a chance to thoroughly clean the house which is one of my musts before decorating.

My tree is always down by New Years. It gets on my nerves by then.:rolleyes:

LOOPYLISA
12-11-2009, 06:41 PM

Are you kidding me ddc :eek:

Gizmo
12-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Ours will go up 1st weekend in Dec and our village has a Christmas festival on the Sunday so big switch on of the lights.
We also have 2 trees one in living room and one in dining room, no-one is allowed to help me put them up as they have to be just so :blush: We had lights on the windows 2 years ago but they really annoyed me so they got wrapped around the banister last year.
Cant wait now feeling really festive going Christmas shopping at the weekend :clapping:

angeldelight
12-11-2009, 06:51 PM

Oh no Gareth

Where is your christmas spirt :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Playmate
12-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Mine will go up just as soon as I get the living room painted and re-organised. I usually have it up for about 3 weeks but it doesn't come down until after the 6th January the feast of the Epiphany which is the day the Wise Men went to visit Jesus with the gifts - where the tradition of exchanging gifts comes from. it is a holy day in the Catholic Church and is known as little Christmas in Ireland - (I'm sure the Epiphany is celebrated in all Christian Churches) so I'm afraid it is part of Christmas and so everything stays up until after that much to DH's annoyance that is why nothing goes up too soon I really would get sick of it all.

We also don't taked ours down until epiphany, and it probably won't go up until the 18th this year, which is when we are starting our 2 week break :clapping: Have a crawler who is just pulling himself up to stand, so don't think I could cope with the stress before! I will put other bits out and have my garland on the mantle piece :D

Chimps Childminding
12-11-2009, 07:09 PM
When my son was little I used to wait until after his birthday on 20th Dec, so he could have that first. As he got older he complained that his friends all had theirs up much earlier - sometimes you just can't win:rolleyes: !!!!!!!!!!

I would like to wait until the week before christmas, but then lo's won't see it as I finish work when the schools break up - so will put it up 2 weeks before. It usually comes down 1st or 2nd Jan, I have had enough by then and want a nice clutter free house back again - well free from christmas clutter anyway :laughing:

Curly Quavers
12-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Ours will probably go up the fist weekend in December!

Joannechildmind
12-11-2009, 07:15 PM
27th or 28th November just in time for december i love christmas and cant wait. :clapping:

Daddy Day Care
12-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Oh no Gareth

Where is your christmas spirt :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Well thats when id prefer to put it up, all the kids do is play with it and try and pull it down, but spose it will be up around 2 weeks b4 christmas

Mollymop
12-11-2009, 09:42 PM
27th or 28th November just in time for december i love christmas and cant wait. :clapping:

Yippee! Glad I am not the only saddo:laughing: (just jokin, no I am not really a saddo:laughing: )

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Will put mine up 2nd week Dec and take it down by the 12th night:thumbsup: Which is I believe the 6th Jan:)

Twinkles
12-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Will put mine up 2nd week Dec and take it down by the 12th night:thumbsup: Which is I believe the 6th Jan:)

Me too Orksie.

I would like to put it up sooner but as we have a real one it wouldn't last.

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Me too Orksie.

I would like to put it up sooner but as we have a real one it wouldn't last.

I love real trees, the smell!!! Lovely, But....they drop their needles everywhere:panic:

Twinkles
13-11-2009, 12:16 AM
I love real trees, the smell!!! Lovely, But....they drop their needles everywhere:panic:

It's worth it :clapping:

It's a small world
13-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Ours will go up first week in dec..well the advent calendars will be up so may as well do the rest of the festivities...I LOVE XMAS I was gutted last year when my mum didn't fill my xmas stocking :( she said Im a mum of 2 now and a little bit old for one now (30+...) anyway after a little chat Im getting my xmas sticking back this year :clapping: :clapping: but she refuses to budge on my advent calendar :( oh well guess you have to make soe sacrificies (sp)...get soooo excited at xmas.... woo hoo

PixiePetal
13-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Ours will go up first week in dec..well the advent calendars will be up so may as well do the rest of the festivities...I LOVE XMAS I was gutted last year when my mum didn't fill my xmas stocking :( she said Im a mum of 2 now and a little bit old for one now (30+...) anyway after a little chat Im getting my xmas sticking back this year :clapping: :clapping: but she refuses to budge on my advent calendar :( oh well guess you have to make soe sacrificies (sp)...get soooo excited at xmas.... woo hoo

I get a stocking, we all do, filled by each other :clapping: Now the kids are older they contribute little gifts and DH does too (or gets the kids to shop for him:rolleyes: ) We started this when they got too old for FC. Even the dog has a stocking and I made a spare for my mum who stayed last year.

It's a small world
13-11-2009, 10:08 AM
I get a stocking, we all do, filled by each other :clapping: Now the kids are older they contribute little gifts and DH does too (or gets the kids to shop for him:rolleyes: ) We started this when they got too old for FC. Even the dog has a stocking and I made a spare for my mum who stayed last year.

my dh couldn't believe I still had a stocking at xmas when we first started going out (been together 12years now -married 9) he was even more shicked when he learned that my mum waited till Id gone to bed to put my stocking outside my door ...I was 23...sadly this stopped the following year as we moved in together so my mum then took to leaving it under the tree for when we came on xmas day :laughing: I love xmas my dh thinks Im mad as I get really silly like a big kid....ooohhhh getting excited just talking about it. Its nice though as the traditions I had as a little girl ive carried on for my 2..stocking at end of bed and pressies downstairs. My mum also leaves a letter for Santa asking if he would be kind enough to leave some pressies at her house for my ds's (she lives 140miles away) so ever xmas morning eldest asks her if santa went to he house and every year she says yes and hes hidden them all over the house so he has to find them for him and his younger brother....better stop or will be here all day... just love xmas...:clapping:

PixiePetal
13-11-2009, 10:16 AM
my dh couldn't believe I still had a stocking at xmas when we first started going out (been together 12years now -married 9) he was even more shicked when he learned that my mum waited till Id gone to bed to put my stocking outside my door ...I was 23...sadly this stopped the following year as we moved in together so my mum then took to leaving it under the tree for when we came on xmas day :laughing: I love xmas my dh thinks Im mad as I get really silly like a big kid....ooohhhh getting excited just talking about it. Its nice though as the traditions I had as a little girl ive carried on for my 2..stocking at end of bed and pressies downstairs. My mum also leaves a letter for Santa asking if he would be kind enough to leave some pressies at her house for my ds's (she lives 140miles away) so ever xmas morning eldest asks her if santa went to he house and every year she says yes and hes hidden them all over the house so he has to find them for him and his younger brother....better stop or will be here all day... just love xmas...:clapping:

Sounds fun, can I come too :laughing:

I love traditional family things.

I have bought each of my children a tree ornament every year since they were born, kept in shoeboxes alongside our decs in the loft for when they leave home - a box of christmas memories. Now they are young teens, they sometimes find one they like and ask for it for their box. We all have a look at the boxes each year and say 'ahh sweet!'

My MIL loved crackers. When she passed away 3 years ago we found about a dozen boxes in her wardrobe :laughing: The whole family -DH and his 6 siblings, wives/husbands and kids -lots pulled the lot!! So I now spend a lot on decent crackers in her memory :blush:

Can't wait to get my pixie out to hang on the tree, getting all excited now, saddo that I am at 44 :laughing:

nannymcflea
13-11-2009, 07:12 PM
The weekend around the 15th, which is what we did as kids, as it's my mums birthday. We tend to take it down by new year as I've had enough of the clutter!

angeldelight
20-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Anyone putting their tree up this weekend ?

Angel xx

Mollymop
20-11-2009, 07:55 AM
ha ha

I think I will wait til next weekend but I am getting itchy that is why I put that thread:blush:

angeldelight
20-11-2009, 07:57 AM
ha ha

I think I will wait til next weekend but I am getting itchy that is why I put that thread:blush:

You might have ants in your pants :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Hebs
20-11-2009, 07:59 AM
Me!

Going up tomorrow, can't wait any longer!

angeldelight
20-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Me!

Going up tomorrow, can't wait any longer!

Bet you get fed up of it before we do with ours ha ha

Angel xx

mum2two
20-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Ours is the first weekend in Dec too. I'm really excited about it this year, as we didn't have any xmas decs up last year, as we were on holiday from 12th Dec - 4th Jan.

Can't wait - 2 more weeks!!!

xx

Hebs
20-11-2009, 08:59 AM

Bet you get fed up of it before we do with ours ha ha

Angel xx

i NEVER get fed up of it :laughing:

it will be down by the 3rd of jan cos a week later we fly to egypt for 2 weeks and i'll want my house sorted before i go :clapping:

Hebs
20-11-2009, 09:54 PM
well it didn't go up tonight as we ended up visiting my mum who had been taken to hospital x

LOOPYLISA
20-11-2009, 10:05 PM
It's worth it :clapping:

Soooooooooo agree :thumbsup:

I always water, and one word .......................dyson :D

Lou
20-11-2009, 10:08 PM
I DONT PUT MINE UP UNTIL ABOUT 2ND WEEK IN DEC AS I HAVE TO HAVE A REAL TREE, SORRY TO ANYONE WHO DOESNT, BUT I HATE ARTIFICIAL TREES, THEY ARE NOT WHAT XMAS IS ABOUT.

Sorry just realised cap was on :blush: anyway as i was saying, i HAVE to have a real tree and not just that but it has to be be massive.....sometimes i have to rearrange the house lol.

I normally get 7/8 ft tree and then hubby gets cross as i make him struggle to get it in stand etc.

Anyway i LOVE xmas but there is such a thing as overkill, and as i love the smell/authentiticty etc of a real tree, we have it from about the middle of dec until new yr, as soon as new years day arrives i HAVE TO CLEAN!!!!!!!

LOOPYLISA
20-11-2009, 10:18 PM
I DONT PUT MINE UP UNTIL ABOUT 2ND WEEK IN DEC AS I HAVE TO HAVE A REAL TREE, SORRY TO ANYONE WHO DOESNT, BUT I HATE ARTIFICIAL TREES, THEY ARE NOT WHAT XMAS IS ABOUT.

Sorry just realised cap was on :blush: anyway as i was saying, i HAVE to have a real tree and not just that but it has to be be massive.....sometimes i have to rearrange the house lol.

I normally get 7/8 ft tree and then hubby gets cross as i make him struggle to get it in stand etc.

Anyway i LOVE xmas but there is such a thing as overkill, and as i love the smell/authentiticty etc of a real tree, we have it from about the middle of dec until new yr, as soon as new years day arrives i HAVE TO CLEAN!!!!!!!

Got to be a real tree :clapping: bigger the better :thumbsup:

sweets
20-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Not having one! ive got 2 crawling mindees and have enough stresses with them without adding to it, theres only so many times a person can say 'no don't touch' or 'gently'. i have no where i can put one one out of reach either really. if i see a cheap one i might get a small table top one but i prob wont bother.

tinynippers
21-11-2009, 06:41 AM
think my tree is going up next weekend :panic: dont normal put it up till 2nd week in dec but this year we're in cyprus and didnt bring one with us coz we thought they would be cheap enough HOW WRONG WERE WE cheapest decent tree we can find 187 euro's!!!!! my in-laws are visiting on wednesday for 3 nights to visit ds & dd and they've managed to fit a 6ft tree in there suitcase (the one on offer at asda at the moment for £9) and loads of decs (we had nothing :( ) and hee said we may aswell take it all out of the suit case and put it straight up while xmas songs are playing :panic: how could i say no. my in-laws have been fantastic ever since hubby & i got married. i keep telling my self there only xmas decs but in nov..

balloon
21-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Mine won't be going up until I finish work for Christmas and will be coming down before I start again. I mind 2 toddlers who just will not leave anything alone and do not want the stress of having to tell them to leave the tree alone 50 times a day and getting ignored.