PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted next Tue, Wed, Thursday

Miriam
12-11-2009, 12:07 AM
I had my call that I have been waiting for. The inspector sounded ok on the phone and she is coming to do my grading inspection next week. In a way it is a relief because I wanted to get it done before Dec as it is my hubbies birthday and my sons as well. But on the other hand am worried and stressed and feel physically sick most of the time (LOL) but at least I may loose some weight with all the worry :laughing:

She said she is going to take my mindees parents judgement into consideration and so that should bode well as my parents are really happy with what I do. I have had one in for a consultation and when I asked her what I could do to improve she said that everything I do for her son is great and there was nothing I could do better :) Need to get her to write that down for my inspector! I have the other two set of parents coming in the next few days - one tomorrow and monday and I am going to give them all questionnaires.

Also inspector said to try to do my SEF but if I cant dont worry - I said I would try and do it on line and submit it over the weekend - because I would like to make things as easy as possible for her.

Bit worried about what to do with the little ones - if she comes on Tuesday I have my 11 month old and my 15 month old which can be quite hard to do anything with too much structure as they get distracted very quickly! Wednesday is a bit better as I have my 2.5 year old and my 15 month old, Thursday is just my 15 month old which would be a nightmare as he doesnt like being in all morning with just me and craves company of other children.

Anyway, paperwork nearly there - got to finish one learning journey and write some more RA's, then lots of practical stuff and lots of CLEANING!

Oh yes then there is the little matter of my SEF!!

Wish me luck, its going to be a long few days :panic:

sarah707
12-11-2009, 07:49 AM
You sound organised! Try and relax a bit and you'll be fine!

You know where we are if you need help :D

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Good Luck Miriam X

clare78
12-11-2009, 11:19 AM
good luck

:thumbsup:

angiemog
12-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi,
I had my 1st inspection this week. I had my 1 year old and 16 month old. The inspector was only here 2 1/4 hours. I did singing time the rest I followed the children's lead. I didn't do anything structured. We had snack time and we played. I did get the rice out at the 1 year olds request and had to remove it after 5 mins cos he started to eat it. They both wanted the same toy, I encouraged sharing. It all went really well. I acted as I usually would.
Like you I felt physically sick. I was relieved when she knocked on the door Tues rather than Wed I wanted it over and done with. I ended up with good and 2 areas outstanding. Good Luck x

Merry-Minder
12-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi,
I had my 1st inspection this week. I had my 1 year old and 16 month old. The inspector was only here 2 1/4 hours. I did singing time the rest I followed the children's lead. I didn't do anything structured. We had snack time and we played. I did get the rice out at the 1 year olds request and had to remove it after 5 mins cos he started to eat it. They both wanted the same toy, I encouraged sharing. It all went really well. I acted as I usually would.
Like you I felt physically sick. I was relieved when she knocked on the door Tues rather than Wed I wanted it over and done with. I ended up with good and 2 areas outstanding. Good Luck x

WOW! Well done - and Im sure Miriam will do just as well, but good luck anyway.

:thumbsup:

Sarah. xxx

Zoomie
12-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Good luck Miriam.

:group hug:

Miriam
12-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Wow Angiemog well done! I hope I do ok, still feeling sick!

Just looking forward to getting everything ready over the weekend and then going for it when she comes. Hope it will be Tuesday as I just want to have the weekend to finish being ready then get on with it and get it over with!!:panic: :panic: :panic:

miffy
12-11-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm sure you'll be fine Miriam - just find the inspector somewhere to sit, give her your paperwork and carry on doing what you would normally do with the children.

Good luck,fingers crossed it's Tuesday!

Miffy xx

Beckieboo
12-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Well done Angiemog!

I think i am in the same boat as you Miriam, i had a phone call from Ofsted today, just asked me if i had any minded children yet! I asked about my inspection and he said that him ringing will get the ball rolling and i may or may not get any notice! OMG! i knew it was coming up! So i have a mad weekend of cleaning and getting everything in order and upto date, Just incase!!!

Yikes, be glad when its over! Good Luck next week!!:thumbsup:

Miriam
12-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks Beckie. Good luck as well - hope they just dont turn up on you - I thought the actual inspector normally rings to say when they may be coming. ARe you ready? I'm not - still got one parental meeting to do, finish one learning journey off, do some more risk assessments, clean all the toys and dont even get me started on the SEF!!!!! Have you done yours?? Don't know why I am on here when I should be getting on with it :eek:

Adiamond
12-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi, I logged in to start my SEF today and now it won't let me log in arghhhh!!!
Good luck with your inspections I am so scared :panic: :panic: x x x

Beckieboo
13-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks Miriam, i have spent the day cleaning, putting up new display (1 wk early) checking files and learning journals and making sure everything is ok! Last few bits to do over weekend and i am gonna look at sef of sunday! Good luck for next week! :)

Trouble
13-11-2009, 08:08 PM
good luck:thumbsup:

Beckieboo
13-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi Jessiebessie, i have just looked at sef on ofsteds website, where do i get my username and password from? Will ofsted send it out? Hope u get logged on soon!

tigger
15-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Good luck Miriam you'll be fine.:thumbsup:

sharon.c
17-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Good luck, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: