PDA

View Full Version : what to do?

Dippy bird
11-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Well, after waiting for 3 months I have finally got my registration certificate through, but I had petty much decided to give up on the whole idea of becoming a child minder and get a job. Now I don't know what to do:confused:
Helllpppp!!!!!! I was so excited in the beginning, but the waiting has just got me down. Any advice would be so welcome.

Tink
11-11-2009, 02:10 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I got my CRB check through within 2 weeks, hubbys took 14 weeks!!!!
By this time I thought he had done something wrong and my registration would never go through.
I too started looking around at jobs, but the day it came I was over the moon and i'm 5 months in to Childminding and absolutely love it.
So in my opinion it is definitely worth the wait, but it all depends on how you feel.
I was a nursery nurse for 9 years so looking after children is my life,
Good luck in your decision xx

sarah707
11-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Why not advertise and see what is out there!

Have a word with your local people and see if they can offer any ideas.

No harm in keeping your options open.

You're just down the road from me and I know there are parents looking in Macc at the moment.

Do you have contacts? If you need anyone to talk to I have friends near you, just send me a pm.

Congratulations on finally getting your certificate! :clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
11-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Don't give up your certificate even if you start a job as you may decide that you want to give it a go. So many have and lived to regret it and have to go through the whole process again.

It is the most rewarding, emotional and financial, that I have ever done and sure that the majority would agree.

Good luck whichever path you decide to take.