PDA

View Full Version : Start-Up Funding???

Leelee
11-11-2009, 02:03 PM
My early years team are great! They've paid for my courses, doctor's fees and Insurance, BUT I can't find any funding that can help me furnish my new playroom; buy equipment; cushions; highchairs; toys; books; garden equipment; etc. How am I supposed to get all this with christmas coming??? I can't afford a loan, and can't get an overdraft, I'm out of work, what do i do? Feel like giving it all up today but I've worked so hard!:(

Mollymop
11-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Have a look on Netmums website - there people advertise free stuff they don't want anymore. I got a stairgate, a travel cot and a high chair all free from this site.

I have managed to get a lots of other bits from ebay and charity shops really cheap.

Ask friends if they have any old toys they don't want anymore... I got a lot this way as well.

I did have lots of toys which my own children had outgrown so I had these, so didn't have to buy much.

The man things are a few toys and books to start with....highchairs, stairgates, cots, etc can wait until you are registered and have children about to start.

I got my highchair and travel cot and stairgate long before I even had a child whom I would need them for...

Just make sure you have a box of toys and books for when parents come to visit you to sign up when you are registered and everything else you can buy when you start earning a wage.

You'll be fine x

kindredspirits
11-11-2009, 04:30 PM
how about joining a toy library? you don't need to have absolutey everything before you start - i often tell parents, even now, that when i get to know their kids i will buy more toys that i know they will like/use - and as an added bonus the older ones get to help me choose toys they think they'll like.

mpoppins
12-11-2009, 01:00 PM
You could join freecycle. You can place WANTED ads on there. It seemed bit of a tricky website to use but gets easier.
Marie

CherryBlossom
12-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Don't worry I am in the same boat. Really struggling for money at the moment, so cannot afford anything I need! But, I don't want to put off potential parents if I have nothing.

x