PDA

View Full Version : Fees???

PixiePetal
11-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Been reviewing my fees and hours as I have got some new parents visiting over the next 2 weeks, how does this sound? Anything wrong or unreasonable, does it read ok?

Hours worked and Fees

Hours worked - Monday to Friday 8am – 5.30pm

Fees –
8am – 5.30pm £4.30/hour - minimum 5 hrs/day

Over time, Monday to Friday (outside normal hours worked) - £6.00/hour

Bank Holidays – not generally worked or charged for, if you need me, double usual rates apply

Weekends could be available occasionally at double usual rates and with plenty of notice.

Non refundable retainer fee to hold a place open for future use (more than a month away) – half fees. I will be unable to fill the space you have reserved and therefore could be turning away children and income.

Deposit to be arranged at meeting. This will be refundable at end of contract.

No charge for my holidays (usually 2 weeks over spring school holidays, a week in the summer and between Christmas and New Year off – notice will always be given well in advance), my illness or occasional day off, as my service is unavailable and you may need to find alternative care.

Full fee for child/parent sickness, day off or holiday as my service is still available.

Drinks and snacks provided free through the day. Meals can be provided at a charge of £1.50 for pre school children, £2.00 for school age children. You may prefer to provide a packed lunch for your child. Formula milk if used must be provided and any special diets can be discussed.

Toddler group and Childminding group entrances paid by me. Larger trips – to Spring Barn Farm/Soft Play etc to be paid by parents with as much notice given as possible – usually about £5 to pay.

Thanks all - any suggestions?

Chatterbox Childcare
11-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Yes it sounds very business like but I wouldn't give this out until they have met you and seen your setting.

Nat78
11-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Sounds good. Think you have covered everything. Only thing I can think of is who provides nappies/wipes/suncream/etc.

TheBTeam
11-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Sounds good. Think you have covered everything. Only thing I can think of is who provides nappies/wipes/suncream/etc. Have you thought about late pickup fees and late payment fees.

Was just going to mention re nappies. Also I would be reluctant to hand this out on paper, i would go through all of this verbally and then if necessary hand out when contracts are being signed. I think these things always look worse in writing and if i was handed something that solely related to my charges on a first visit, i would be a bit put off.

The Juggler
11-11-2009, 02:29 PM
I would maybe increase my bank holiday fee to triple to put them off:D

Goatgirl
11-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi :-)
Yes it reads well - on mine i have details of when payment is due i.e. friday before care commences and also 'late' and 'early' charges, plus hourly cost of unarranged time on top of those.

bws,
Wendy :-)

PixiePetal
11-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks all.

Nappies are mentioned elsewhere :thumbsup:

This will only be given when I have met parents and give them the pack to take away and work it out what it will cost them based on hours needed.

Payment will be in advance, never had a problem with non payment - and neither has anyone else I know locally :thumbsup: Won't charge late collection unless really taking the mickey :rolleyes: Just to keep people on their toes.

How about this with changes??

Hours worked and Fees

Hours worked - Monday to Friday 8am – 5.30pm

Fees – Payable weekly in advance

8am – 5.30pm £4.30/hour - minimum 5 hrs/day

Over time, Monday to Friday (outside normal hours worked) - £6.00/hour

Bank Holidays – not generally worked or charged for, if you need me, double usual rates apply

Weekends could be available occasionally at double usual rates and with plenty of notice.

Non refundable retainer fee to hold a place open for future use (more than a month away) – half fees. I will be unable to fill the space you have reserved and therefore could be turning away children and income.

Deposit to be arranged at meeting. This will be refundable at end of contract.

No charge for my holidays (usually 2 weeks over spring school holidays, a week in the summer and between Christmas and New Year off – notice will always be given well in advance), my illness or occasional day off, as my service is unavailable and you may need to find alternative care.

Full fee for child/parent sickness, day off or holiday as my service is still available.

Late collection will incur a further charge of £2 for each 15 mins or part thereof and non payment may result in immediate termination of contract.

Drinks and snacks provided free through the day. Meals can be provided at a charge of £1.50 for pre school children, £2.00 for school age children. You may prefer to provide a packed lunch for your child. Formula milk if used must be provided and any special diets can be discussed.

Toddler group and Childminding group entrance paid by me.

Larger trips – to Spring Barn Farm/Soft Play etc to be paid by parents with as much notice given as possible – usually about £5 to pay.