PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone advise me.

mel72
09-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi, just received reg. doc in the last couple of days, haven't been able to get on ICP course until Mar 10 as they only run a couple a year in Havering. Just in the process of sorting out NCMA cover, done alot of my own forms and policy, got lady coming round with Hygiene form to fill out tom, starting up pack. Its just, I feel a bit down at the moment as it seams that it is quite hard to get mindee's. Can anyone advise me which is the best way (where) to advertise for mindee's.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-11-2009, 06:08 PM
You just need to get your face out there. Try letter drops around your local area, advertise in local shops and maybe put an ad in the local newspaper.

Word of mouth is the most powerful and recommendations will only come your way when others know you, so get to groups too

Good luck.

mel72
09-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks Debbie, it just seams alot of payout, thought I was getting a grant, but just been told grants have run out just my luck, think im having a down day. Will take your advice thanks x

naomiesian
10-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Hi, im just waiting (only been 6 weeks!) for my crb check to be done so Ofsted can send me my certificate, but I`ve already designed some posters to go up at my local pre-school, school and shop, I`ve also made them for the car windows and I will be advertising in my local gumtree (its free) and also on netmums and of course on here as well, I have also made friends with the only other childminder within 7 miles of me and she has promised to recommend me, some people design their own websites (freewebs looks good and I might do this), just anything you can think of really as it can only help,
Good luck and keep your chin up, us new childminders all have days when we think what have we let ourselves in for!:eek: me included but im sure we will get there in the end. Good luck hun Naomiesian xx

Madminder
10-11-2009, 09:42 AM
If you have one in your area then join the local childminding group, you don't need to have children to go. Get to know the other minders and give them your business card so they can pass on your details if they can't help someone themselves. They might also run a vacancy ssheme and if it is at a Children's Centre they might also have a childcare portfolio that you can add your details to.

If you have children of your own and are already doing school and nursery runs for them then talk to the other mums at pick up time. Word of mouth is by far the most effective way in my opinion too. Also, make sure that you fill in the form that you will get from your local Family Information Service so that you can get yourself on the new govt website, if they ever sort it out!

Good luck and I am sure that you will fill up soon.