PDA

View Full Version : I have been reduced to tears!!!!

09-11-2009, 10:42 AM
I am in SEF hell!!! Basically Ofsted are coming out to inspect me this week, 3 months earlier than they should be because I have asked for a variation. I wouldn't mind so much but I hadn't even started looking at my SEF and the ofsted inspector said in her call, that it would be good if I could have a look and complete it for her before her visit :( . I only got the Ofsted call late last week and it's got to be in by Tuesday! I had no idea how long the SEF was and am not ashamed to say that it has now reduced me to tears. I spent my entire weekend on it instead of spending time with my family and I just don't know if I'm going to ever get it finished. It has sent me into a blind panic and is really getting me down.

sweets
09-11-2009, 11:15 AM
For a start, calm down. lol

you do not HAVE to do your sef it is not compulsory, yes inspectors like you to have done them and it prob is a good idea to do it. saying that tho i didnt do mine before my inspection and i got a good rating, plenty of minders i know have done the same.

if you want to do it then just answer one question at once and dont rush it, it might be worth you doing a paper copy rather than online as then you can just do what you can before your inspection and mrs ofsted will have to read it while at your house.

good luck:)

Straws
09-11-2009, 12:23 PM
I'd do it on a paper copy and show it the inspector when she comes, dont panic if you not done it all, you could just write a few notes on the sections you have not done yet, stay calm SEF is not compulsary just good practice.

Straws xx

ORKSIE
09-11-2009, 01:19 PM
I'd do it on a paper copy and show it the inspector when she comes, dont panic if you not done it all, you could just write a few notes on the sections you have not done yet, stay calm SEF is not compulsary just good practice.

Straws xx

I did mine on a hard copy and gave mine to the Ispector, she was fine about that.
Please dont let this upset you, it really is not worth it.
It wont matter even if you havnt finished it, although it will help.
So just try to chill a bit.
Sending a (((((Hug))))

sonia ann
09-11-2009, 01:56 PM
my inpection was in January, I hadn't done my sef, just scribbled a few notes on a paper copy, the Inspector was fine about it.....please dont stress about it...they can't mark you down for it as it is not compulsory....it just means they may be with you a little longer to talk to you...Good luck:)

miss mopple
09-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Im sure it wont be a problem if you dont complete it. As others have said, its not compulsory.

If you do want to give it a good go I recommend getting sarahs e book as it made it make much more sense when I filled mine in :thumbsup:

Mrs.L.C
09-11-2009, 02:35 PM
dont panic. like others have said you do not have to do it - I think it just cuts down the amount of questions the inspector has to ask you meaning they can observ you in what you do and you can carry on as normal as possible

Iv not looked at it agian since its changed but Im guessing its pretty much the same so if you do want to do some of it just write about your setting, what rooms do the children use and whats in these rooms, how it is set out, what do you do for snacks and where do the children wash their hands and eat their snacks or their lunch. Where and how do you change nappies and how do you dispose of them? what outings do you do and how do you keep the children safe - pushchairs with harness/reins/holding hands/car seats? How do you observe the children eg photos, art work and small 1 line obs recorded in a scrap book (call it and evidence book or something else other than scrap book though)? How do you check everything is safe incl outings - this your risk assessment so just say you do risk assessments for outings/the house etc

Hope that helps a little and put its into English what sort of things they are looking for in the SEF

Good luck with your inspection and again dont panic or upset yourself

cs01
09-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Alot of the SEF repeats itself and my inspector said I should have copied and pasted a bit more rather than trying to find lots of different ways to say the same thing!

Good luck with your inspection.