PDA

View Full Version : Upfront payments

Pocketchick
08-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Hello All, Im just waiting for my CRB checks to come back so I'm getting paperwork done in the interim.

Just need a bit of advice about payments. I'm planning on asking for payments in advance, that way I can hopefully stop any potential payment problems :)

My question was about payment date - I would prefer that I was paid by everyone on the same date every month but how does this work with children starting at different dates through the month?? Is it just easier to charge a months pay on the child's start date and then on that date every month going forward?

Could do with a little help. It's quite a lot to get your head round to begin with!!

Thanks!!:)

Chatterbox Childcare
09-11-2009, 09:25 AM
I charge monthly up front and payment has to be cleared in my account by the 1st of each month. Out of 12 parents I only have 1 that isn't paid by vouchers/BACS.

If I had a child starting part way through the month I would put amount from start point to the end of the month as the settling in time and start a full months payment from the beginning of the following month.

i.e. child starts 9th November and pays me upfront from 9th - 27th November and then starts monthly from 1st December (Monday 30th would be part of my first week)

The Juggler
09-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I would do the same:)