PDA

View Full Version : Hand Over of Responsibility

Pipsqueak
03-03-2008, 10:47 AM
In light of my recent events I am reviewing and primping some bits and bobs and in my travels (round the net) I have come across the BCMA Handing Over of Responsibility policy.
Brilliant - I had never thought of this before.

OK its a two way street of negotiation but what do you suggest/prefer, do the parents take immediate responsibility as soon as they arrive or do you keep that responsibility till they are out of your door/off the premises completely.
As soon as they leave the front door I sign the children out generally, but what I am going to suggest is that I sign them out the minute the parents arrives and hand over responsibility - and effectively my working day is finished isn't it??? so anything that happens after this is the parents responsibility and to keep their child under control.
I am really unsure of this area - help

Blaze
03-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Vik,
I adapted this policy from Bromley a while ago... I have a decision sheet for the parents to sign...if you pm me your email addy...I'll send it to you.
Tasha:)

sarah707
03-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Be careful with signing them out as soon as parents arrive - if you use your attendance register to do your bills and parents hang aroung after you've put down the time, you are effectively diddling yourself out of ££.

Plus if parents are responsible and they are watching their child jumping on your sofa or being inefectual about stopping them doing something, you will wish you were still in control!

I know it's only a few minutes here and there but it can add up over a month :D

avril
03-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Be careful with signing them out as soon as parents arrive - if you use your attendance register to do your bills and parents hang aroung after you've put down the time, you are effectively diddling yourself out of ££.

Plus if parents are responsible and they are watching their child jumping on your sofa or being inefectual about stopping them doing something, you will wish you were still in control!

I know it's only a few minutes here and there but it can add up over a month :D

I agree here as some parents do tend to linger a little TOO long while others let their little darlings do what they like without seeming to notice!!

Avril x:)

flora
03-03-2008, 01:16 PM
I have agreed with parents that they are in charge once they leave my front door. That way in my house I am in control of what happens and when. As sarah said you could be diddling yourself out of pennies if you have lingerers.:D

Blaze
03-03-2008, 01:25 PM
I covered that by putting in my contracts that parent's are charged untill the from the time of entering my house to the time of exiting the premises..stops early arrival/lingerers too!
Tasha:)

Twinkles
03-03-2008, 01:25 PM
I am in charge until they go out of the front door. The times I've had children playing up only for their parents to ignore or even laugh at the bad behaviour.

deeb66
03-03-2008, 06:09 PM
I am in charge until they go out of the front door. The times I've had children playing up only for their parents to ignore or even laugh at the bad behaviour.

I am the same.

All the while the child is inside my front door threashold they are my responsibilty.

As soon as they step outside it is then down to the parent to look after them and if their child runs down the path (which I am constantly telling them not to do!) and they have an accident it is down to the parent!

miffy
03-03-2008, 06:13 PM

I agree with twinkles and Dee - my house my rules. Once they go out of the front door it's down to the parent and i don't let them through the door until the parent is ready

Miffy xx

Schnakes
03-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Yup - Twinkles is bang on the money! I used to think - oh they can do what they want, its their responsibility! But now as far as Im concerned, if they are going to act like terrors when their parents are here and their parents wont stop them..I will. And I dont care if the parents dont like it. My house - my rules.

Sx

lisat
03-03-2008, 10:07 PM

i completely agree!