PDA

View Full Version : stranger danger

beccas
07-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi i am wanting to teach my mindees about stranger danger and cant seem to find anything i have googled it but not bringing any relevent posters up was wondering if anyone could help me.:panic: we have had a letter from local schools about a incident in the area just want to make my children aware as i have children aged from 1yr to 11 yrs and some play on street when they go home

mushpea
08-11-2009, 10:11 AM
im not much help im afraid but i will be watching this with interested as i want to teach the same thing.
i look after a 3.5yrold who , when ever we go anywhere, will just stand and stare at adults and will then end up chatting to them, its nice that she has the confidence to do this but I need to be able to explain to her that she shouldnt be talking to adults she dosent know without me scaring her. Its actualy quite uncomfortable for the adults cause she just stands and stares at them.

mushpea
08-11-2009, 10:26 AM
ok have been scouring the net and have come up with this so far, there may be more later if i have any more luck but there is very little for preschoolers that i can find.
I am also going to the libary tommoro to see if they have any books that tell the stranger danger theme but in a story for the little ones to understand.

http://www.first-school.ws/activities/onlinestory/steps/redridinghood.htm

manjay
08-11-2009, 10:29 AM
We use red riding hood. Just be careful though as some versions of this book are way too sinister imo:rolleyes:

mushpea
08-11-2009, 10:37 AM
this site has a pdf file you can print off, its like aposter , would be good discusion point for the older ones.

http://www.leics.police.uk/advice/7_kids_zone/51_stranger_danger/

beccas
09-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks everyone, but last night had an idea and emailed my local police station to see if they could help. This morning i recieved a email back saying they would love to help and are pleased that i am doing this subject and sending someone to see me to see if they can help waiting for phone call now. I suggest if you can do this see what happens. good luck.
I will post any info i get on here:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

beccas
09-11-2009, 07:10 PM
HI just had phone call from local community police they going to come and visit my local network which i run they come to playgroups and community groups all the time so well recommended to phone the police, just not 999 lol:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Blaze
10-11-2009, 01:34 PM
You've already contacted the police for a visit - which is what I do .

Hansel & Gretel also covers stranger danger.:thumbsup: