PDA

View Full Version : building work...what and when to tell ofsted?

jumpinjen
03-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi,

We are planning a fairly major extansion next year (still not finalised, so still theorretical at this stage) and want to know what I will be up against so:

1. When do i have to tell oftsed.... at the planning stage, when it starts, or after?
2.What do i have to tell them?
3. do they need to see the plans?
4. will they re-inspect after?

Thanks, Jenni:)

sarah707
03-11-2009, 09:45 PM
You need to inform them before teh work starts - I sent my risk assessment in at the same time for the building work and they seemed happy enough with that.

When it is finished you need to do a RA of the space and talk about how it will be used.

You then need permission from them before you use the extension for minded children - they might visit.

Hth

jumpinjen
03-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Thankyou sarah

can i do the riak assessment that i normally do, which is assess each area and what the issues might be and then address them.... should I try to assess potential problems such as where they will sleep when upstairs room is being bashed through (we want a double height extension on the side) and how i will saefly provide food when the kitchen is out of action, and extra non-vetted people around e.g builders?

jenni

Chatterbox Childcare
03-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Thankyou sarah

can i do the riak assessment that i normally do, which is assess each area and what the issues might be and then address them.... should I try to assess potential problems such as where they will sleep when upstairs room is being bashed through (we want a double height extension on the side) and how i will saefly provide food when the kitchen is out of action, and extra non-vetted people around e.g builders?

jenni

Sounds great - they will ask if they want more

miffy
04-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Thankyou sarah

jenni

I'd do as much detail as possible - shows you've considered everything and thought about how to deal with it.

Miffy xx

Daftbat
04-11-2009, 09:32 AM
You need to inform them before teh work starts - I sent my risk assessment in at the same time for the building work and they seemed happy enough with that.

When it is finished you need to do a RA of the space and talk about how it will be used.

You then need permission from them before you use the extension for minded children - they might visit.

Hth

When i did my extension i did all the above but it was impossible not to use the extension straight away with minded children since i had extended the kitchen. I never heard anything from Ofsted after i sent in my final risk assessment stating that the work was finished - never had the new space inspected. next they knew was my inspection in Feb this year - its been finished for three and a half years!