PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Trafford Childminders.

shelly03
03-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi I was just wondering if anybody else is in the same vote as me. Ive been registered almost a month now. Ive advertised absolutely everywhere, and still not even an enquiry. I live in the Trafford area, is there anybody else in trafford struggling? I am working part time at the mo but not earning enough money. I dont know whether to give up and look for a full time job. Christmas is round the corner and ive spent everything on childminding, thinking I would get a return,So much for that idea!:angry:

Im really starting to feel like im wasting my time.:mad:

Blackhorse
03-11-2009, 02:06 PM
I am not from Trafford but I think it is not uncommon at all to stuggle finding mindees....there are lots of members on here that had/have the same problem.

I got registered in May and my first mindee started in September! Some people had to wait even longer.

dont give up though! They first mindees will turn up eventually....keep your part time job or even get anoher one if money is tight...you can leave them again once you have children to look after

Good luck

sarah707
03-11-2009, 06:25 PM
I am just up the road from you in Cheshire Shelly and it's very quiet for enquiries here as well.

Unfortunately the online search website for childminders is up the creek at the moment and that's not helping either.

Sorry to hear you're having problems finding children. I wonder if there's anything on this thread that might help..? :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171&highlight=advertising

RachelE
03-11-2009, 06:34 PM
I moved from Trafford 18 months ago.

I was in Flixton.
I think the trouble with Trafford is too many childminders. When I look back now, compared to where I live now, I cant believe how many there was.

I remember saying a few years ago, they (OFSTED/Trafford Early years etc) need to warn people how many minders there are already as new minders were struggling then too.

Before my ds was at school I didnt really have many enquiries, but then luckilygot most of my mindees from school (and one was my next door neighbour!)

I think its totally potluck and being in the right place at the right time when finding mindees.

Good luck in finding new mindees :thumbsup:

Rachel x

BubbleBobble
03-11-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm not in Trafford, I'm in Northamptonshire. I'm not registered yet, just going through the motions. On the application form here for funding, we have to ensure there is an actual need for childminders in our area before we apply! I've checked the amount of childcarers in my area and luckily it's only a few so should be able to do the training anyway!