PDA

View Full Version : illness policy

Rubybubbles
02-03-2008, 07:52 PM
OKay I have one, but do I need to do one with the breakdown of stuff? I have ahuge poster from the Health Protection Agency, but refuse to put it on my wall as it is so big

this is what I have

Illnesses and medication

If your child is ill or has been sick please ring me for to discuss your child‘s attendance.

If you are not sure whether or not it is okay to bring your child, please call ahead to ask me. I may require a doctor's decision as to whether or not the child is contagious. I appreciate your co-operation in this matter.

Parents will provide any medications needed by the child, I can only give medicine that has been prescribed by the doctor. Written authorisation is needed for me to administer ANY medication (including creams, plasters etc.), prescription. All medicines must be in their original container with pharmacist or manufacturer's label, child's name, dosage instructions, current date, name of medication, and times to be administered clearly written.

You will also be required to fill in a 'Permission to administer medicine' form and your signature will be required to acknowledge each dose of medicine or application of cream which will be recorded in a medication book.

If your child requires medication on a regular basis e.g. asthma inhaler, please make sure that it is in your child's bag at all times and that I have written instructions on when to administer to your child.

is this enought, lookes on Bromley and not much more than this:(

please help xx

sarah707
02-03-2008, 08:10 PM
OKay I have one, but do I need to do one with the breakdown of stuff? I have ahuge poster from the Health Protection Agency, but refuse to put it on my wall as it is so big

this is what I have

Illnesses and medication

If your child is ill or has been sick please ring me for to discuss your child‘s attendance.

If you are not sure whether or not it is okay to bring your child, please call ahead to ask me. I may require a doctor's decision as to whether or not the child is contagious. I appreciate your co-operation in this matter.

Parents will provide any medications needed by the child, I can only give medicine that has been prescribed by the doctor. I've put 'medical practitioner' here to cover for dentist, nurse etc in line with EYFS
Prior parental consent... what if they haven't had a chance to write it down...? This way you are covering yourself for texts / phone calls - not sure about this under eyfs, but at the moment it's okWritten authorisation is needed for me to administer ANY medication (including creams, plasters sterile, hypoallergenic dressings, not plasters apparently any more!etc.), prescription. All medicines must be in their original container with pharmacist or manufacturer's label, child's name, dosage instructions, current date, name of medication, and times to be administered clearly written.and original information sheet giving contents and contra indications

You will also be required to fill in a 'Permission to administer medicine' form and your signature will be required to acknowledge each dose of medicine or application of cream which will be recorded in a medication book.I mention confidentiality here - kept in your child's folder in a locked cupboard for confidentiality

If your child requires medication on a regular basis e.g. asthma inhaler, please make sure that it is in your child's bag at all times and that I have written instructions on when to administer to your child.

I do a lot of older children so I have a bit about self medication and how medication has to be stored out of sight and reach of little ones if brought in school bags etc. How I also need to be in control of self-medication, even if child is used to being totally independent at home, plus I need a spare inhaler / cream / epipen etc in case of loss at school
is this enought, lookes on Bromley and not much more than this:(

please help xx

You could print this and store it with the policy...

http://www.hpa.org.uk/infections/topics_az/schools/schools_guidelines_2006.pdf

Hope this helps! :D

Rubybubbles
02-03-2008, 08:12 PM
it does thankyou so much sarah:D , better go and do it now then lol