PDA

View Full Version : Before school fees

Mrs.L.C
02-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Just wondering what you would do. I normaly charge £4 before school 8am - 8.45am.

We have just taken on 2 more after school but mum has now asked for mornings as well but wont be dropping children off until just before we leave for school at 8.30 meaning I am only walking them to school (10-15 walk)

Parent already gets 10% off

Would you still charge the full before school fee or reduce it slightly?

Goatgirl
02-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi :-)

The way I charge for before school is a £6 fee. This would cover 7.30 till drop off (8.30 - 8.40, depending which school). However, my normal hourly fee is £3.75 and if I care for the child after school too, I just charge hourly, but counting 8am till drop off as 'an hour'.

hope this helps :D

bws,
Wendy

TheBTeam
02-11-2009, 08:09 PM
I would charge the full rate, you can guarantee that it will creep to a little earlier drop off, you can not use the space for others, and to be honest for anything less it is not worth the hassle of the forms and paperwork!

I have just set my before school fees at £6 for the hour or so, this allows a drop off after 7.45 and into school around 8.45-8.50, I do not provide breakfast for this.

I don't have any at the moment, but anything earlier would be a fee of £8 if starting at 7.30 and I would provide breakfast in this price.

The Juggler
03-11-2009, 01:15 PM
It's up to you. Are you looking for someone to fill your morning spaces. If not, and the 0830 drop suits you I might want to discourage her from bringing them earlier. Maybe charge an hour in total for them both?

If you need the work in the mornings then I would explain to her why you need to charge the full hour for both. She might then decide to drop them at 0800 but at least you have filled your spaces and are being paid your normal rate.